Daughter is looking for a camp trailer...

She graduated college and is trying to pay off her school loans, but at the same time have her independence like being at school.  I have full hookups next to my shop and just built a lean-to off the side so the trailer can be covered (and also covers my stuff).   The trailer doesn't really need slide outs or anything fancy.  As it will be outside and lived in how do you keep things from freezing?  Does it need to be a 4 season or can you make a three season work?  Budget around $3k, no mold though.

I respect that she wants to pay her loans off and also have her space so I am trying to help her out.

4-seasons are generally little better insulated is she planning full living using water inside? The propane is little cheaper with better built trailers I would look into bulk propane with tank rental and have it filled as needed. I lived an 1986 5th wheel was definitely not a 4-seasons I filled the water tank and used pump didn’t use live water built little insulated area around black and grey then dumped when full worked good for me 

5 minutes ago, ish said:

she will have full sewer water and power hookups.  Probably do a 120 gallon standing tank.

How cold does it get there ? They have heated water supply hoses now not sure about sewer 

1 hour ago, GTroyer said:

BE SURE TO EDUCATE HER ON HOW TO USE BLACK TANK PROPERLY. Or for sure you’ll be replacing a “mound tank”  just say’in lol

Some have that problem even leaving valve closed until full best I’ve found is dumping 2 5gallon bucket down the hole fast as you can when dumping the tank 

uh ohhhh

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Whut? 
What what???

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

She is set up and living solo - doesn't care to dump the tanks so she comes in the house for showers and bathroom - LOL!!  We are making an office out of her room this weekend.  Using an oil filled heater to heat it instead of propane - seems to be more than enough on the lowest setting.  It is funny because she likes to hang out in the house with us and just heads out to sleep - I think it is just knowing that the option to be alone is hers to make.

• Like 1