PSC Steering Gear

Tomorrow my truck gets the last step in pretty much a new front end. 

Mike at Diesel Outfitters will be putting in my New Steering Gear and line and a fluid change. 

I can't wait to drive the difference. Well this dually doesn't have the big tires of some of my other trucks.

It should still be a pretty big improvement over factory.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, megacabcummins said:

If it is the same box I have you will be really really happy with it, especially backing up a trailer. Do you have the 08.5 rag link/tie rod?

Pretty sure that's what Mike converted to already, honestly don't know.

Well that is a night and day difference. First thing I notice is the difference in wheel play.  Drive home it all felt tighter, moving the wheel less than 1/8 of an inch either direction is now moving the tires.

• Like 1

It'll be a few hours behind the wheel before you're not unintentionally rut hunting trying to keep from running hunting. 

Tight steering is weird like that! :right:

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, marksmith said:

It'll be a few hours behind the wheel before you're not unintentionally rut hunting trying to keep from running hunting. 

Tight steering is weird like that! :right:

I'll be doing the pass tonight after work and that will be the real test.  I really can't believe how much tighter it is. I wonder if I should have done it sooner verse doing all the other stuff first.

The really nice part is by changing different parts at intervals you can see what each part does which most of us don’t do we end up doing everything at once finding the end result without knowing which piece made the biggest improvement. 
enjoy a truck that’s fun and easy to drive 

Well the tie rod and drag link that came on these trucks was horrible, ad to that a mini van steering box and it's just terrible. I'm on my 4th tie rod and drag link, I replaced the oem stuff with the same, then I upgraded to the 08.5 stuff and the Red Head box, now I'm on another 08.5 setup and the PSC box. The PSC was a significant step up from the Red Head. I wanna see if the knuckles from the 2015 and up trucks will work on our trucks, if so I think the truck could be converted to true cross over steering and not have that dead spot that won't go away. All in all though we're both on the same path to much better and safer steering. Curious to hear how you like it when your towing. The week after I installed my stuff with the hydro assist I ran up to Whistler, was just blown away a the difference.

• Like 1