200,000 mile service coming up

I am getting ready to do the timing belt on the Jetta again. 

I got the Jetta at 92,000 and changed the belt at just over 100,000 and she has 210,000 now. I ordered a 200K kit form Cascade German and man I love that place they are like Geno's Garage for VW.

The kit comes with the timing belt and water pump, all associated hardware, new hoses and clamps for almost the whole engine, coolant, all needed pulleys and gaskets and a lot of stuff I would never have thought of. I also got new glow plugs and a glow plug harness and all the timing belt install tools. I am sure glad I have a lift because I hate bending over that car all the time but I need to get a engine support so I dont have to use a floor jack to hold the engine while I pull the motor mount. I plan to pull the turbo and intake plumbing to clean and inspect it as well. I very well may put a new turbo in the car as well if it shows signs of wear. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, HOSS said:

... but I need to get a engine support so I dont have to use a floor jack to hold the engine ... 

The Harbor Freight one works well and pull out a 20% off coupon, the price is right!

https://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-engine-support-bar-96524.html

Edited by carl20320
2 hours ago, carl20320 said:

The Harbor Freight one works well and pull out a 20% off coupon, the price is right!

https://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-engine-support-bar-96524.html

This is what Ben told me to get also 

I have one hanging in my shop. Don’t know how I ever did it that other way. Let’s you raise and lower the car so you work where it’s comfortable. 

10 hours ago, marksmith said:

I have one hanging in my shop. Don’t know how I ever did it that other way. Let’s you raise and lower the car so you work where it’s comfortable. 

Yeah, we bought ours in Florida for a little transmission work that ended up being 2 R&Rs. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Not going to worry about the 500,000 km check, I hope to have the TDI replaced shortly as the old girl is getting very tired . Still runs ok, but it’s showing the current 492,000 km on her.

Got a few lines on newer Civics and Corollas. Came close on a Civic,but the paperwork from Alberta was screwed up so I passed on it.Gotta wade through a lot of crap to find anything with low KMS 

that’s worthwhile getting.