emissions intact tuning options??

I believe rip at source auto built an emissions compliant 6.7 bigger turbo and a tune seems I remember him listing it for sale on here. Check with bob wagner I believe the smarty touch is tunes with stock stuff in place 

The general consensus I read is that CTT is the preferred source of intact tuning. I have not researched it to see if they used emissions equipment to perform that tuning. But all roads point back to them. 

Dave

• Like 1

and I was about to ask the same question...  

although I hear that 2018+ has it's problems getting a tune into it.  

and mabye to add to my question, thinking ahead in the future, if i have problems with it and stuff falls of the truck when im in mexico,  would one of the tuner boxes available as emissions intact be able to tune after parts are gone? the newest thing i have messed with tuning wise was my 2005 with a smarty. others i have done (not mine) brought there own tuning stuff and they did that part..

14 hours ago, Big Russ said:

most of the tune boxes i see seem to say 13-16 and 17 and up...but not all of them..and the selection is big.. from 500ish up to thousands of dollars..

15 hours ago, Big Russ said:

2018 is simply a wire pinned into the OBD port and terminated on a canbus strip right near it. Wire is about 12” long. After that, flashing isn’t an issue. 

• Like 1

I've been. running CTT using EZ Lynk for the last year. Absolutely love the transmission tuning! From the factory, it felt like I was lugging the engine all the time, not any more, it runs the rpms up to where they should be before it shifts. I purchased the full meal tune program, it includes intact and deleted tunes. 

Currently running a single 30 hp tune, with trans tuning. 

Also allowed for recalibration of the speedo for the 35's, enable the fog lights on high beam, code reading/clearing and a ridiculous amount of gauges using my phone as a display.

Very happy with their customer service too! Since the package I purchased was the full meal with Shift on the Fly, I didn't want to put the switch on my dash while still under warranty and having that instant hp switch there was too tempting! I called them to ask about a single low hp tune with trans tuning. While I was on the phone, he sent the tune to me and said check your phone when we hang up. It was awesome, new tune was on my phone, connected with EZ Lynk and it was installed just like that!

Pretty slick set up.

• Like 1

I have been running across posts talking about the electronic throttle being part of the torque management system and that there are products that get around that system and wake up the truck considerably.  Does anyone know anything about that?  I would agree, some tuning might be in the works for me as well.  I like my truck, but honestly, my 2003 felt quicker than my 2020.  The post on the trans tuning has my full attention.  I tried to make heads or tails of CTT's website but I couldn't figure it out so I will give them a call.    

Edited by Suprmn
38 minutes ago, Suprmn said:

I have been running across posts talking about the electronic throttle being part of the torque management system and that there are products that get around that system and wake up the truck considerably.  Does anyone know anything about that?  I would agree, some tuning might be in the works for me as well.  I like my truck, but honestly, my 2003 felt quicker than my 2020.  The post on the trans tuning has my full attention.  I tried to make heads or tails of CTT's website but I couldn't figure it out so I will give them a call.    

Everything I have read is that the tuning takes care of the throttle issue. I don't know first hand. But most that get a tune end up selling them?

Oh, and there is no trans tuning for the Aisin transmission, only the 68RFE. 

Dave

11 minutes ago, Fishin2Deep4U said:

Everything I have read is that the tuning takes care of the throttle issue. I don't know first hand. But most that get a tune end up selling them?

Oh, and there is no trans tuning for the Aisin transmission, only the 68RFE. 

Dave

Tuning makes the throttle very much so more responsive. Stock is much to be desired. 

I was asking about the tranny for shift points and lazzzy shifts,  not power level as I’m happy with what the factory level is now 

18 hours ago, marksmith said:

Tuning makes the throttle very much so more responsive. Stock is much to be desired. 

Night and day difference! There was a lag before and the tuning took care of it. I was actually running a zero HP tune with the trans tuning for awhile and it put a smile on my face. It completely changed the throttle response.

The only downside to CTT is their website is lacking in info, I would call it vague. The also do not sell direct anymore, you have to go through a vendor.

There is also another guy Ive heard good stuff about, his site is Optimal Welding. Can't recall his name right now, but he gets lots of thumbs up for his tunes.

Both CTT and Optimal Welding are located in Canada.

Calibrated power solutions makes a great setup for intact on the big three.

They highly vet their tuning inhouse with tons of driving.

They also just posted a youtube video of 30k towing while intact tuned. To show drivability and experience.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I strongly considered Calibrated, but they came in #2 due to only offering "intact" tunes. I wanted the option of both and CTT fit the bill.

Nothing against Calibrated, from my research online and talking over the phone, they were great!

• Like 1