Exhaust brake, onboard air with tank, Pirelli tires

I have the tank mounted to the frame. Missing a fitting to run the air coupler to the back bumper area, so I have it temp installed in the tank for today. 

I'm in the back seat letting Mary drive out to the beach. 😃

We're fixing fence and then dropping the air way down to see what these tires will do on the beach.

• Like 1

Mary taught me something about the truck today. I always just observe the 3200 RPM redline. 

She was doing the Elma rest stop U-turn on the freeway, and was revving 3500 each shift. Apparently she didn't want to hold up traffic 😂

Now I know the real redline is 4000, and the ECM defuels at , you guessed it, 3500.

The more you know.......

hehe, the two wheel drive was stuck once. :)

We went out to build a section of fence, and there was a load of wax myrtle brush there and decided to load that up and recycle it at our local landfill. I just got it unloaded a few minutes ago, whew!

We were hard at it for a half day out in the sun. Got it all stomped down and tarped, all the tools loaded, strapped down proper and we took a drive onto the beach. It was busy and we were pooped, so I did not mess with air pressures, we did not even get out. Open all the windows and let the breeze blow through for a while up by the dry sand. The new tires seemed pretty good, nice and stable, not too noisy, better ride at 55 front /40 rear.

I started to pull away and got some wheel hop in the dry sand, so I put it in 4wd :D

We got to the access road and it was total carnage, about 4 rigs stuck and spinning. an Escalade crossways *almost* on the hard path, a little fwd hatchback in no-mans-land in the really dry next to the hard path. I weaved through it all in 2nd and we headed home. Yeah I like the new tires.

There was no helping those unfortunates either. Not a single hitch and I won't pull on anything but a hitch.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a couple of opportunities to use the additional traction of the tires. They did well, and I can hardly tell they are not highway tread, not by the noise. I dropped the air on the rears down to 40 after I got the trailer off. We went for a big adventure drive to camp sites and parks up by Forks, and went out on the beach a couple of times.

I aired the tires back up to 60 in a few minutes for the trailer tow home. 

The exhaust brake is doing the trick.  

• Like 1

I am missing my onboard air. I have a tank and a new electric compressor (no room on the 14 for a belt driven one). I am sure they make a kit but I choose the easier route, Going to run my air horns off this as well. I need to get going on this when things slow down a little.