BOMBER Board

I confess I have extremely limited knowledge as to electrical stuff , so with that in mind woh uses surge protection on power for their rv’s 

and What should I look for .. darn prices are from under a $100 up to well over $500

reading about them I have to admit I get lost 

so looking here for advise from my family 

Kelly , Rob , someone  , anyone lol

I've never used one. The AC side is nicely isolated from the DC side in the inverter. Are you concerned about electronic like s computer being plugged into a 120V receptacle?

My whole trailer is protected. I run this one... Progressive Industries EMSHW30C, 30amp lead goes into the unit and then into the trailer. I also have my electronics connected to an APU so it smooths out any spikes that might get by the primary.  My neighbor runs a big Huges Autoformer. I wouldn't live in a park without one.

No Rob just the power supply at the RV parks , I’m wireless on the computer /phone except when charging them. 

Edited by GTroyer

The cheaper ones are surge protctors, they help if the power spikes from lightning or electric grid problems .

The higher end ones protect from high and low voltage and mis wired park pedestals. 

I have seen some parks that have very low quality power pedistals, add in years of bad weather conditions, there ARE some bad power pedestals out there.