BOMBER Board
SMOKN05

Jackstands recalled, spread the word

All of my jack stands pre-date those dates. They have been so abused, for sure they would have collapsed by now. LOL!

I have a 30+ year old Craftsman set and a set of HF that we used in FL for Ivan's Golf.  I printed this out so we can determine if those are affected by this.

TY for the heads up.

Couple of videos to maybe help show the problem.

I received the email from them about the recall so generous they will refund original purchase price and give you a 20% off coupon 

6 hours ago, yogi_160 said:

I received the email from them about the recall so generous they will refund original purchase price and give you a 20% off coupon 

I always get the 20% off coupon from the internet.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Not much of a consolation for a product that may get you crushed. I guess the y figure that the price was cheap enough that they didn’t need to do anything else.

46 minutes ago, Torque Monkey said:

I always get the 20% off coupon from the internet.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Not much of a consolation for a product that may get you crushed. I guess the y figure that the price was cheap enough that they didn’t need to do anything else.

I figured the right thing would be to exchange for a new safe set like most recalls do. Then I believe it’s in the form of gift card leaving you with basically store credit 

I have 4 of them, two older ones that work, 2 newer ones that have the recall. I came back to the shop one morning and one of them and dropped all the way down. I'm glad I wasn't under it.

Well, mine are harbor freight and I bought them during the right time frame, but they are not pittsburgh and they don't have the right numbers so they don't appear to be part of the recall.  However...…  I am sure gonna be looking at these things sideways for awhile.  I would chastise myself for buying harbor freight, but I don't care what the brand name on it is any more.  I have a warn winch made in china, sears tools made in china, etc. etc.  It seems to be luck of the draw if its good or not.

On 5/20/2020 at 11:09 PM, Suprmn said:

Well, mine are harbor freight and I bought them during the right time frame, but they are not pittsburgh and they don't have the right numbers so they don't appear to be part of the recall.  However...…  I am sure gonna be looking at these things sideways for awhile.  I would chastise myself for buying harbor freight, but I don't care what the brand name on it is any more.  I have a warn winch made in china, sears tools made in china, etc. etc.  It seems to be luck of the draw if its good or not.

Craftsman tools has a new plant back east bringing tool production back to the US and hopefully better quality... I did get replacement Jack stands the other day from HF.