BOMBER Board

It will be a 100% car now , many many great miles ahead 👍

On 3/21/2020 at 10:31 AM, C Paul Go said:

Brakes were bed in.

Russ with the wheels did you use the vw typical lug bolt or did you install studs and go to lug nuts?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They were the typical VW Pattern

• Like 1

Rusty do not take this as complaining. If you haven't done your taxes yet you can claim one more. Lol. Found this in the process of doing the fresh air duct filter. There was more but I just wanted to get it out of there. That was the last filter left to change out. Almost all the lights are changed out to LED.
The left hand door light is still inop so I'll look at that at some point.
Car brought me to Moses Lake on hardly any fuel consumption at all.

That will change down the road eventually also as I picked up an 11mm injection pump for it this past week and got injectors from the guy also. Over time this bug may become a little sleeper. 06e0fc23a46c7c204403348879d872e2.jpg0b91bab99fc42036037806c877734e65.jpg

I remember changing that filter...  What a stupid place to put it.

3 hours ago, Big Russ said:

I remember changing that filter...  What a stupid place to put it.

No kidding, but if you have ever done a heater core on a beetle you know there isn't any room to put it elsewhere.

Let me say this, there is no way Rusty could have known this was there. This thing was buried down in the dash. Everything was still working fine. By no means do I think he should have known or am I complaining about it being there. I honestly was laughing a little because as I dug my way to the filter I was thinking this filter when I finally get to it is going to be perfect. Lol. So adleast the effort was worth it.

Eibach has a nice spring kit for those.. Drop it about 1.5 to 2" and ride much better. Install is fairly simple even on the floor.. 

Eibach has a nice spring kit for those.. Drop it about 1.5 to 2" and ride much better. Install is fairly simple even on the floor.. 
Nope. It's already to low. Skid plates in for exactly that worry. Second scrape put that part on the list. New wheels and tires math says about 1/2 an inch higher than stock.

12 hours ago, livingez_123 said:

No kidding, but if you have ever done a heater core on a beetle you know there isn't any room to put it elsewhere.

I did the heater core on a Volvo 850 - it was a 20 minute job literally

But then I did one on a Vovlvo 760 - it took two days because the whole dash had to come out, and the heater core was right next to the firewall.  Not a job I'd want to do again...

6 hours ago, Big Russ said:

I did the heater core on a Volvo 850 - it was a 20 minute job literally

But then I did one on a Vovlvo 760 - it took two days because the whole dash had to come out, and the heater core was right next to the firewall.  Not a job I'd want to do again...

I've done 3 of the beetle heater cores. The first one took me 8hrs, the second was done in 5hrs and the 3rd was 15min shy of 5hrs. It's funny because I can do a clutch on one in less than 3hrs.

Hey Adam tell me about the front bumper assembly on that car.  I like the look with the lower grill pieces on the sides and the extra upper lights by the headlights? 

What's the story?

On 4/15/2020 at 5:39 AM, C Paul Go said:

Hey Adam tell me about the front bumper assembly on that car.  I like the look with the lower grill pieces on the sides and the extra upper lights by the headlights? 

What's the story?

02 Turbo model. It had the 1.8T in it. Standard bumper for the turbos. The rear is different too. I think the rear plate is in a different spot too 

3 hours ago, HOTMOPR said:

02 Turbo model. It had the 1.8T in it. Standard bumper for the turbos. The rear is different too. I think the rear plate is in a different spot too 

It's the Turbo S model, it should have 2 tone interior and a 6spd also...unless someone just swapped a S model bumper cover. the base 1.8t has the standard beetle from end.

A real good upgrade for the 1.8t is going to LS coil packs and getting them off the valve cover.