BOMBER Board

Just need to get the wheel alignment done and a structural inspection and it’s ready to get it registered And back on the road.

That's a great looking car!

Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks great , long term goal ? Keep or sell ? 

Might put the Golf  in storage and drive the CTS for a while, not sure yet.

The Golf has 480,000 on it...

Pretty  cool story about the body man at John’s shop here in Kelowna who worked on the CTS.

He came from Jamaica 10 years ago after a hurricane and was sponsored to go to the local Vocational college 

in the Autobody Technology program.

He is a very sharp guy and just blossomed in the trade.John’s company hired 5 of the Jamaican guys and they are all still valued employees who put their heart and soul into perfection and detail in their work.

Its a pretty nice story to hear after what they all came from.

My bro in law John is sneaking off soon for a day of light skiing with his daughter.

he has hip replacement surgery on April 6th.. No more skiing for him for at least 2 years they say.

• Like 1

Keep an eye on your oil consumption, the one I have been working on seems to think it's a big block Chevy, about 1qt in 1500 miles. It doesn't leak and you can't see it burning it. Changed the plugs when I did the timing chains and there wasn't any sign of oil usage on them.

Thanks Robert , I will watch that...

Got an alignment booked for Wednesday then will figure out where to

get the safety inspection and out of province paperwork done to 

register in in BC. 

Is it a clear title or rebuilt one ?

Seems like they could use a clear title on a minor damage and properly repaired .. but our laws are the same unfortunately 

4 hours ago, GTroyer said:

Seems like they could use a clear title on a minor damage and properly repaired .. but our laws are the same unfortunately 

Your absolutely right Gary, with proper documentation of the repair it shouldn't be that big of deal. Unfortunately we live in a time of some very dishonest repair people. I really don't have a problem with a rebuilt title if I can verify its repair.

Seems like a rigid inspection by a certified /licensed inspector should be able to happen .. strict guidelines and a no BS inspection licensing process  “certified” .. a fee of oh say $1000 inspection and a person get a clear title .. be worth the parties time and inspection fee as the resale would more than make up for the fee. ... but hey that’s  just my way of thinking also. Lol

id have no issue with a rebuilt title either .. look at what Rob did on old blue .. better than a new truck BY FAR  

10 minutes ago, GTroyer said:

Seems like a rigid inspection by a certified /licensed inspector should be able to happen .. strict guidelines and a no BS inspection licensing process  “certified” .. a fee of oh say $1000 inspection and a person get a clear title .. be worth the parties time and inspection fee as the resale would more than make up for the fee. ... but hey that’s  just my way of thinking also. Lol

id have no issue with a rebuilt title either .. look at what Rob did on old blue .. better than a new truck BY FAR  

I know in Utah they are branded when the repair exceeds value. I understand they can be fixed right I’m kinda glad with shady people it’s they way it is. Bad part is a car could have had worse damage when newer been fixed with clean title an older car with minimal damage gets totaled over bumper 

All done and inspected and registered with BC registration.

A big Thankyou to Stroketeck Dave for helping me moving the car around and getting the  registration done .

Much appreciated.

Went down and got a 5 gallon jug of premium fuel today and tossed it in the tank.

The fuel in the tank was likely 7 -8 months old or older...It smelled old!

Even at idle it ran smoother..

• Like 1

I think the fuel that was in the tank had lost its virginity after being in the holding lot for a long long time.

Probably very very low octane after what could be 8 months.

11 hours ago, livingez_123 said:

The 3.6 likes premium fuel!

What it likes and what it gets will be two different things. At most I will burn mid grade.