BOMBER Board
HOSS

Holy high winds Batman!

That was some storm last night. Still blowing here and we have been without power since about 6:00 last night. It sounded like a war zone last night with sirens from emergency vehicles and trees crashing. I am sure I have plenty of firewood for next winter in the yards now. I will do a damage assessment when it gets light.

The rain has not stopped and next on the list is the Stilly is going to go over flood stage about 4:00am and it could get well above flood stage by this afternoon.

Well I am not going anywhere. We have a tree hanging over the road just after you turn off hwy 9 and it took out the power lines and the lines are laying across the road. This is gonna suck! With just 30 houses on a dead end street We will be the last people who get our power back.

How is your creek?   I'm at work. I'm sure I'll be watching the wind lights all day to see if we Have to shutdown planes or not. 

I drove through lots of down branches today.

Geez. Better safe than sorry with downed power lines. Good call staying home Hoss. I like storms but I'm sure ready for this darn system to be done with. Its been storming for the last month.

Yikes Hoss, hopefully nothing damaged aside from trees.

Supposed to blow like a mofo here today too. Temp is topping out at 54F, then going down to 27F tonight. Stupid wind isn’t unusual here but there’s really not much for trees to tip over, the sage brush will survive. 

Do you have a generator?    

Stay safe and away from all those trees in the wind.

The daughter got stuck on the west side of the Hood canal last night due to the winds closing the bridge. had to drive around to canal, so got home pretty late.

That was some storm last night. Still blowing here and we have been without power since about 6:00 last night. It sounded like a war zone last night with sirens from emergency vehicles and trees crashing. I am sure I have plenty of firewood for next winter in the yards now. I will do a damage assessment when it gets light.
The rain has not stopped and next on the list is the Stilly is going to go over flood stage about 4:00am and it could get well above flood stage by this afternoon.

We lost power at 5pm, came back around 1030pm. Was a nice test of our generator. Scary looking at a wall of 150 foot trees dancing.
Hope they get you taken care of today! I think I'm just on the other side of i5 from you. Let me know if you need a hand?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

We are doing fine I don't mind the weather one bit. I have a couple generators so I can run the well pump to get water and keep the fridge and freezers going. I have the woodstove for heat and the smoker for cooking so can hold out longer than the weather!
The only thing that sums me out is I don't have enough power to keep the shop running so I have nothing to do.
The creek is high but not flooding the lower part of the property yet. The rain this morning has been as heavy as I can ever remember. The gutters can't keep up with the runoff.

• Like 2

I went to Harbor Freight yesterday and bought a 2nd sump pum to keep up with all the water coming down from the hillside behind the house. One pump wasn’t keeping up. Crazy amount of rain we have been getting down here. Highway 4 is closed between Longview and Astoria right now, due to landslides. That is about the extent of what we have going on. Really no wind here.

No more excuses Hoss! You don’t need power to run a hacksaw!🤣🤣🤣

Stay safe guys!

1 hour ago, Austin The DieselTech said:

It got breezy here last night but power stayed on.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Same here, no big limbs down in the yard. Our trees are like the dogs; they drop so much stuff you wonder why they are not naked.

The Stilly flooded higher than it has in a long time. The old Patty's egg nest on hwy 530 got wet.
All the new houses on the bottom of the hill along hwy 9 south of my house are flooded. I went and cleared a couple trees from my neighbors property and fixed the fences that got knocked down so they didn't loose any horses.
They are both first responders he is a fireman and she is a cop, so they were way too busy to take care of their own house.

• Like 2

It got breezy here last night but power stayed on.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I wish I had your generator right now. Our power goes out so little I can't see the need but when you need it you really need it.
I am thinking about looking for a PTO driven generator I can hook to the tractor.

This is our problem 76e23404975fed06218bd8cbbb46cef2.jpg

Looks passable to me!!!

How you guys faring???  Last February it was 16 days without power for us. Hope it’s nowhere near that for you. 

Looks passable to me!!!

How you guys faring???  Last February it was 16 days without power for us. Hope it’s nowhere near that for you. 
It was still passable when I took that picture. It has been slowly dropping since it fell. It's pulling the slack out of the bottom wire. I am sure by morning it will be on the ground. I am pretty sure we will be taken care of today or tomorrow. Other than wishing I could get the well pump running we are doing fine.
This has been a wake up call for me. I will be getting a PTO driven generator to hook up to the tractor soon!
If we were in a situation where we lost power for 16 days it would not be good!

Being up since 2:00am with no power and nothing to do sucks! At least I have a fire to tend to and hot coffee.

And now it's snowing.......
It froze last night and there is about a half inch of snow on the truck now.

And now it's snowing.......
It froze last night and there is about a half inch of snow on the truck now.
Do you need a generator or fuel?

During the last outage here, we cleared the lines our selves so we could at least get in and out. nylon ropes on the tree pieces and cut a section at a time.  But then it was easy because one of the neighbors had a boom truck at the time.But it could still be done if you have a fiberglass ladder.

Do you need a generator or fuel?

Thanks for the offer but no we are good I have my generator keeping the fridge and freezer running and we have plenty of fuel. Worse comes to worst I will Todd my chain saw in the tractor and cut the tree out of the lines so people can get out. My friend at PUD called me and said he is sending a crew out later today to get the power back on. We have moved up the pecking order a bunch somehow! I guess it helps I work on his truck
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

According to the PUD outage map we only had 5 houses without power not the 22 that are actually here. That didn't help us much. This has been corrected.