BOMBER Board
4angels

Car possibly needed

Checking with the family here just in case.  Joe helped me get one of my daughters cars to the mechanic today.  Monday or Tuesday he will tell me the damage and if its too much then it may be time to replace it.    So if any of you have a decent, automatic, without a V8 (lol) that a young lady could use to commute 65 miles a day please let me know what you have.

I wont know for a day or two if its needed but if so I thought I would check here before Robert and I spent time on more craigslist flakes!

Thanks and Happy New Year

The ad's at work have a bunch.   What's the budget?

View Classified Ad Details

Autos - Cars
:
2011 Ford Escape XLT

Price:

Date Posted:
12/25/2019

Black w/good tires, brakes and everything works well on it. Can send pics provide VIN, etc. I've just inherited another ride...this one is now extra. Recent inspection shows it to be in good shape. Nice first car for someone or a commuter to haul stuff or put on the roof rack. Priced to sell. On Craig's List and Auto Trader at slightly higher price...but discounting for Boeing colleague.

Mileage:
Boeing Location

WA - Puget Sound

Contact Information

Mike McGovern

425-691-7899

There are a few others but those are the first two that caught my eye.

• Thanks 1

Maybe ? ... Teach her to drive a stick , the VW bug Rusty listed would be a great commuter at 46 MPG and they are a good engine ! 

• Like 1

Paul, thanks I just got back on line.  I will take a peek.  Oh, and the budget, whatever dad can scrape together....lol.  Seriously though Dona and I are discussing it.

Gary, your memory robs you.  You may recall I went down this road with her 2 years ago and not Austin drives the Diesel Bug I fixed up for her.  😂

Edited by 4angels
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 12:45 PM, C Paul Go said:

View Classified Ad Details

Hi Paul, just sent the email for the pictures.  This is about top of budget but as it is a family car with low miles that is just fine.  Question in case tires dont sow in pics, are they any good?

These are work ad's not my cars and I dont know the people. But when people say their looking for a car it's the first place I look.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, 4angels said:

Gary, your memory robs you.  You may recall I went down this road with her 2 years ago and not Austin drives the Diesel Bug I fixed up for her.  😂

I sure did forget .. oooops lol

9 minutes ago, C Paul Go said:

These are work ad's not my cars and I dont know the people. But when people say their looking for a car it's the first place I look.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Copy that, sorry I read the one as you mom's car.  :)

1 minute ago, GTroyer said:

I sure did forget .. oooops lol

Austin loves it with that tune and good clutch...lol

• Like 1

Ok so the Mazda Paul posted up for me is a possibility.  Question to my Boein peeps, once he gets the window fixed can someone take a peak at it for me?

1 hour ago, 4angels said:

Ok so the Mazda Paul posted up for me is a possibility.  Question to my Boein peeps, once he gets the window fixed can someone take a peak at it for me?

If he is in the south end, I could take a look.  I work across the street from the Kent Boeing plant.

If it's in the North I can look or anyone else up here.   Since 2/3rd of Renton is headed to Everett.... LOL

If it's in the far south - Auburn/Frederickson, I can look down here - but with a 425 area code I'm betting east side.  

Ok he said Bothell area.  I will find out exactly where guys.  And thank yo.  

I can do Bothell, I'm working this weekend.  I'm off at 1400 on Weekdays though.

Hey guys, Karl said if any of you work at Boeing Everett he can drive it to work to see, otherwise it is the Bothell/Mill Creek area south of the Everett plant.

I will grab his number, we have been doing email.  

Edited by 4angels

Ask him if he could bring it to the EMC.  Carpool parking Lot upfront. I can find him easy there.

Is there anything "special" that needs to be looked at on this car?

Oh and if he wants to drive it to the EMC either Saturday or Sunday I'm working both days. 0400-1230

Paul, from what I can tell it needs tires soon and has a few minor scrapes but otherwise looks straight.  I really just want the overall opinion of condition.  Does it appear to have a leak issue, was it smoked in and he didnt tell me.  (bad smoke smell is a deal killer) does it make any scary noises.  I always assume tires and brakes are a wear item, its the more long term stuff I am hoping can be checked.  Basically if you were giving it to your 21yr old daughter to commute in, yeah or nay?

I think he is at work so hasnt responded to my email for his cell number yet.  Then I can ask him about your location questions.

And Paul, thank you.

Paul, Karl said he can bring it over today if you are there or set another time.  His number is 425-312-3089