BOMBER Board
Abbyfireguy

2019 hunting trip

Heading back to Merritt today for a bit more work at my son’s  place .

On Sunday my hunting partners will come up and we meet me there.

Then we will make a short drive to Woods Lake near Westwold(less than 2 hours) for 6 days of deer 

hunting and male bonding/relaxing camping.

Should be good as the weather isn’t full blown winter and nighttime lows are only hovering at or just above freezing.

Daytime highs are 10 to 12 degrees Celsius.

• Like 1

Oh well, forecast looks ok for Kamloops.. A bit of snow is ok... The mountains will keep it away hopefully.. 

Longrange forecast looks mostly dry and sun and clouds... 

After we are done hunting I’m gonna take the trailer home and maybe winterize it.

Getting too cold in Merritt to have it here any longer..

Patiently waiting for the boys to show up here at noonish. Will have the trailer all closed up and hooked up ready to roll.

Just a few last minute things of grocery item and flush the trailer tanks and we’re on the road. Only about 1 3/4 hours into Woods Lake from here which is nice. Last year it was an all day trip up to Bear Lake with the caravan!

Daily lows are hovering at freezing or a couple of degrees above and highs between 10 and 15 degrees Celsius.

No snow forecast but have chains just in case the weatherman is wrong..

Balmy plus 3C here.

The line where this becomes heavy wet snow is 30 miles west and slowly creeping our way.

Winds in the 35-50mph range are making short work of the remaining leaves.

Raining steady.

Edit. Temp now +2. 

Winter Storm warning 45 miles west.

Edited by Scotty_

Forgot to update this thread. The place was crawling with moose,but they weren’t open.. 

Quite muddy and cool.. Not freezing too often. Ended up with one nice mulie buck, shot by the one guy who hadn’t ever 

taken a deer. That was nice. He had a big smile on his face.. 

Great sights and weather.. Even better hanging out with the 4 of us.. 

Amazing nice campsite with nice meals and great campfires and BSing every night...

Forgot to update this thread. The place was crawling with moose,but they weren’t open.. 
Quite muddy and cool.. Not freezing too often. Ended up with one nice mulie buck, shot by the one guy who hadn’t ever 
taken a deer. That was nice. He had a big smile on his face.. 
Great sights and weather.. Even better hanging out with the 4 of us.. 
Amazing nice campsite with nice meals and great campfires and BSing every night...
That's awesome!
I know when I went up with Ivan and shot my first ever moose I couldn't get the smile off my face for days!

Our mentor Uncle Doug had a great time . He turns 88 soon .. He shot a lot of the grouse too.

He was a Canadian Trap Champion in the mid 60’s, he still has it! 410 on the fly,amazing to watch. 
I can’t hit a flying bird if my life depended on it!😂😱