My wife and I just picked up an inbed camper for our truck. We went new due to used of the same model not being far off in price.

Do you guys have any tips for us? We have done tons of research and have used one before but if you guys had any tips feel free to share!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

What did you get?

Do you dry camp or use hook ups?

Do you tow behind your camper?

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please 

What did you get?
Do you dry camp or use hook ups?
Do you tow behind your camper?
PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please 
Artic fox 990. Mostly hook ups. Occasional dry camp. We plan to tow our "fun truck" behind and will remain legal but barely.
Srw limits but it's okay for now. eb76665564eb62dcd95ec71bba6267ed.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice!!!! That is the brand new version of my camper. 

I added airbags to my 2014 3500 Ram to help with leveling it while towing. 

here is what I bought Air Lift 88295 LoadLifter 5000  AIR LIFT 72000 Wireless Air Leveling Compressor

It helps a lot with eliminating sway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

here is what I bought Air Lift 88295 LoadLifter 5000  AIR LIFT 72000 Wireless Air Leveling Compressor
Yeah I forgot to add that in. Our truck has bags and torklift everything for camper.

Very nice! We love the freedom of our camper. You can park in a regular parking spot and fit just about anywhere.

There really isn’t much to it. You just need to get out there and see what works for you. I have done a ton of modifications to ours, solar panel, inverter, integrated DVD player and now a wireless back up camera. I could imagine the newer campers have a lot of this already. Mine is a 2013 Arctic Fox. 

The one one thing I will say, if you don’t have covered storage for it, I would highly recommend getting a cover for it. I bought one formour camper after I had to replace the slide out awning due to sun rot. The cover is a PITA but it helps.

• Like 1

Very nice! We love the freedom of our camper. You can park in a regular parking spot and fit just about anywhere.

There really isn’t much to it. You just need to get out there and see what works for you. I have done a ton of modifications to ours, solar panel, inverter, integrated DVD player and now a wireless back up camera. I could imagine the newer campers have a lot of this already. Mine is a 2013 Arctic Fox. 

The one one thing I will say, if you don’t have covered storage for it, I would highly recommend getting a cover for it. I bought one formour camper after I had to replace the slide out awning due to sun rot. The cover is a PITA but it helps.
Thanks yeah we plan to store in our shop when not in use. I definitely want to get a wireless backup camera.

Which one do you use?

Thanks yeah we plan to store in our shop when not in use. I definitely want to get a wireless backup camera.

Which one do you use?

This is the kit I am messing with right now. I haven’t had the camper on the truck yet to see how well I like it.

https://www.amazon.com/CAMONS-Wireless-Transmitter-Receiver-DC12-24V/dp/B07V28P9CT/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

It is a bit of a different situation in my case. I have a Pioneer double din deck in my 04 and it has the standard backup camera when I shift into reverse. I have this kit set up so I can turn it on whenever the driving lights are on for the camper ( that is how the camera is powered). This kept me from having to pull wires through the camper and I didn’t have to cut any new holes. Just open one up a little behind a switch over the door. It means I don’t have to add another screen to the truck and I don’t have to plug anything into the camper and truck to make it work. Also it can all be removed and no one would ever know it was there.

I can use almost any camera and I am testing a couple now.

The problem for you is I don’t know how easy it would be to interface it with the factory deck. You should be able to do it as they had n option for the cargo camera. Just not really sure how to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

if you get a edge insite monitor for gauges you can use plug the camera to it

I never thought of that. That a great idea 2 in 1

👍

nice rig , go use that bad boy 👏

I recomend weighing it after you get it all loaded up to camp with everyone in it.

You will be heaverier thsn you think.

The ONLY reason I say this is so you can make sure the tires have adequate capacity.

The other thing I have found with a truck camper is limited storage. 

Things like chairs, bikes, grills, tools, and spair parts take up lots of room. I had to downsize a lot of things, and we have a 12' tripple slide camper. 

You will love that you can park anywhere and fit into just about anywhere for the night.

Congrats and have fun.

• Like 2

nice rig , go use that bad boy
Did a test run to twisp before we head down to California for a c10 show in a couple weeks.
Love it and realized we still need a few things like dust pan and broom hahaha the things you forget.

Dont worry about me shoving food in my face...
7bd4e083a2c7ac3ffa9577a788fb4aad.jpg

• Like 2

Cool! Would like to get a camper eventually but have to get a long bed first.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

They make shortened versions of this camper. Unsure if it has a slide.

Yea but would be a good excuse to get a longbed.

I love it!!! I mean honey it's for the kids, they need this.

17 hours ago, Austin The DieselTech said:

When the right time comes, it will not be a hard sell.

Nice setup. This past weekend was my first trip in truck camper loved the flexibility could park and go anywhere so nice. 

• Like 2

Brings back fond memories of just the wife and I camping with our tiny Lance 815 with our two dogs, before we had our kids.  Now we have a 48' race trailer and the only campgrounds we visit are Motocross tracks.  How things have changed... LOL

Enjoy the camper - that is a beauty!

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 6:47 AM, HOSS said:

I know this is a while back.

How do you like the auto system? I am considering adding a compressor and tank. But I was thinking old school mechanical valves with dumps wired in. I figured I could set loaded height below my empty ride height and effectively keep the bags "empty".

Dave