Torque Monkey

Project “Queen Ranch” OBS F350

MUCH MO BETTA!  Looks great Ben

Edited by carl20320
  • Like 1

those are cool!

28 minutes ago, stroketeck said:

hows the stereo coming?

Sent in to Pioneer for repair. I hope it comes back soon. The wires are ran for the back up camera, I just need to mount it. All the stock speakers have been changed and the sub system is done. I just need to mount the grills on the woofers. Of course they showed up after I put the back seat back in.

1 hour ago, Torque Monkey said:

Sent in to Pioneer for repair. I hope it comes back soon. The wires are ran for the back up camera, I just need to mount it. All the stock speakers have been changed and the sub system is done. I just need to mount the grills on the woofers. Of course they showed up after I put the back seat back in.

This job is destined to be done twice....... on everything.  :right:

32 minutes ago, marksmith said:

This job is destined to be done twice....... on everything.  :right:

If I'm lucky....

4 hours ago, Torque Monkey said:

If I'm lucky....

Same here, my buddy bad luck showed up the other day. It has to do with a certain dash that I just put in a 2nd gen. Lets just say, a dash cover will be going on for a while. One of these days, bad luck, one of these days... :shooter:

Edited by DRobinson

32 minutes ago, DRobinson said:

Same here, my buddy bad luck showed up the other day. It has to do with a certain dash that I just put in a 2nd gen. Lets just say, a dash cover will be going on for a while. One of these days, bad luck, one of these days... :shooter:

Seriously, I have days where it would be more productive to just do nothing at all. I can't explain it but there are times where everything just falls right into place like it should, and others where every thing just turns to poop in my hands.

Usually when everything turns to poop, it cost me a bunch of money.:furious:

Seriously, I have days where it would be more productive to just do nothing at all. I can't explain it but there are times where everything just falls right into place like it should, and others where every thing just turns to poop in my hands.

Blame Murphy.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Torque Monkey said:

Couldn't agree more. As soon as I saw the dash the other day the first thing I heard in my mind was the sound of a cash register. I'll be WAY faster at pulling and fixing it next time though!  :wacko:

5 hours ago, DRobinson said:

Couldn't agree more. As soon as I saw the dash the other day the first thing I heard in my mind was the sound of a cash register. I'll be WAY faster at pulling and fixing it next time though!  :wacko:

Oh how I hate that feeling. It’s really been getting to me lately.

Tonight I had a couple quick jobs on the OBS. 

The new LED cab lights showed up so I swapped those out.

Before

79AFDC7C-5015-44EC-ADE1-3527CFABB14B.jpeg

After

1637BCC8-8A89-4AEB-B19F-D0404D12CAF2.jpeg

A3F41B4E-ADE9-4EF6-811C-2F231FCD6D99.jpeg

We we are going to change the mirror lights to orange LEDs so they match. Should be here any day.

Also mounted the backup camera.

C0D932DF-A361-4A1D-98C9-0AD238762669.jpeg

• Like 2

Ben ... pic of new clearance lights second light in (driver side) looks a bit lifted on front leading edge .. shadows or in need of some sealant /gasket ? 

Not being picky just asking , leaks are a bitc*  lol

3 hours ago, GTroyer said:

Ben ... pic of new clearance lights second light in (driver side) looks a bit lifted on front leading edge .. shadows or in need of some sealant /gasket ? 

Not being picky just asking , leaks are a bitc*  lol

That would be exactly why I put sealant under them. Clear silicone to be exact.

I have a body man buddy that swears up and down that any kind of silicone sealant kills paint. IIRC He says it doesn't breath well enough trapping moisture between it and the paint causing quick damage. Especially on edges.

I've honestly never researched it myself. I will when I have a moment but was curious if you've ever heard anything like that?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, DRobinson said:

I have a body man buddy that swears up and down that any kind of silicone sealant kills paint. IIRC He says it doesn't breath well enough trapping moisture between it and the paint causing quick damage. Especially on edges.

I've honestly never researched it myself. I will when I have a moment but was curious if you've ever heard anything like that?

I've never heard of it or seen a problem.

I've never heard of it or seen a problem.
I've seen rust under silicone but never on something that didn't have rust other places as well. I'll quiz him more when I see him next. Just for fun...

I know oil based compounds can slowly weaken paint and cause bubbling, but never heard of Silicone doing it.

3 hours ago, Torque Monkey said:

👍👌

when I typed that I thought of all folks you had probably addressed that , but one see’s something best to mention as we all don’t see the same things 😁 . as I get older I hurry things up and once in a while I miss lil things 😖

24 minutes ago, GTroyer said:

👍👌

when I typed that I thought of all folks you had probably addressed that , but one see’s something best to mention as we all don’t see the same things 😁 . as I get older I hurry things up and once in a while I miss lil things 😖

If it has to be in a hurry.... he doesn’t let it in the shop. :right:

I changed the lights in the mirrors. A 5 minute job took a lot longer but at least it’s done.

I think it looks much better.

7e45387590f6869a6e91442e274f8995.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That looks much gooder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1