BOMBER Board
HOSS

Aug 18th food list

I will have the smoker fired up and I am thinking ribs and chicken this year???? Like baby back or St Louis style ribs and chicken thighs or quarters. 

We have a 3 burner cook stove and griddle for it if anyone wants to do breakfast. 

I will make a big pot of beans as well.  

As usual bring your own beverage and if you choose to bring a side dish thats great 

We will have a mac or tater salad, and dessert of some sort.😎

We will bring up fresh pretzel rolls from Hess Deli. They open at 9 so we won't arrive in a timely manner to cook breakfast. See you all around 11!

Guess I'll bring some of the all-American food, no, not bacon, but it's bigger brother, pork belly.  Mark has already said he's got a corner of his smoker I can use.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NWDave said:

Guess I'll bring some of the all-American food, no, not bacon, but it's bigger brother, pork belly.  Mark has already said he's got a corner of his smoker I can use.

How do you cook it? 

Pork belly has become a favorite snackitizer for campfire cookouts at my place. Even make the odd main dish from it. Sometimes we just slice it, salt and pepper and grill it till it’s crispy over an open fire. Good stuff. 

10 hours ago, Woodenhead said:

How do you cook it? 

Pork belly has become a favorite snackitizer for campfire cookouts at my place. Even make the odd main dish from it. Sometimes we just slice it, salt and pepper and grill it till it’s crispy over an open fire. Good stuff. 

There's as many different ways to prepare pork belly as there is to grill a steak.  Me, I follow the KISS principle, much as you do.  Remove excess fat layers.  Score the remaining fat (only deep enough to barely touch the "meat".  Rub with EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) to allow the spices to "stick".  Salt, pepper, add some "secret squirrel rub", marinate over night (12-24 hours) in the fridge.   Next day: smoke until about 190 - 200*, then grill the sliced and chunked pieces to get that crispy edge that's so popular.  I'm cheating for the 18th, by using 2 packages of sliced pork belly (yeah, the thick stuff) and a solid piece of pork belly for a different run.  I'll smoke all of it Friday to about 190 degrees, wrap in foil and refrigerate overnight.  Saturday, toss the foiled packs onto Hoss'es tiny smoker to reheat back to temp, cube and slice, as appropriate, then into the cast iron skillet to crisp.  Makes for tasty appetizers.  Gonna need a lot of toothpicks.   

• Like 1

I was teasing Mark Smith this morning.
He is going to miss out on baby back ribs, chicken thighs, pulled pork, my baked beans, homemade Dutch oven blackberry cobbler, and I picked up another Dutch oven last night so I am thinking about Dutch oven buttermilk biscuits.
NWDave is doing pork bellies!
Gonna be some good eats

Oh and Ben and I are making fatties!

DANG, that sounds good!
Only one way to find out how good!
Just sayin.....
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, skyking said:

rolls are ordered.

:hungry::ThumbsUP:

For all of you that aren’t planning on making it. I will just leave this here.....

2b59ed9e71b724ac7b2a15d5f295cce7.jpg

Just dropped these 2 bad boys in the smoker. Sorry you can’t make it. LMAO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some mighty fine eats you’ve got going there fellas! I’ve got my folks visiting from back home. Having a BBQ for moms birthday tomorrow. Maybe I should have just loaded them all up and headed West lol. 

Some mighty fine eats you’ve got going there fellas! I’ve got my folks visiting from back home. Having a BBQ for moms birthday tomorrow. Maybe I should have just loaded them all up and headed West lol. 

Now yer talkin!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Woodenhead said:

Not too late, you still can.....

Edited by rubystargoats

Well I was up till 11:30 rubbing my meat and back at it at 4:00 this morning rolling out a couple fatties! :right:

Anyone who gets this is a true lover of all things smoker! :hungry:

I'll be slobbering for an hour or more , can you air mail a hot one  LOL