7 replies to this topic

#1 Torque Monkey

Torque Monkey

There is only one way to find out....

• Moderators
  • 11,756 posts
  • Interests:Welding rust back together.

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:24 AM

I had a friend that wanted gauges installed in his 2011 Duramax. Anyone that has tried getting wires from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment knows this isn't so easy to do. Especially when you have to run big plugs or tubing through the firewall. My Buddy really wanted gauges so an Edge CTS was out of the question. I talked him into doing Performance gauges from Isspro. Little did I know that Isspro doesn't have a kit to match The factory Duramax gauges. I contacted Isspro directly and they offered to custom make a set for the Duramax. It turned out really nice. Not only that but I was having issues with a couple of the gauges and was able to work them out with Michael Pliska last night. Isspro is now sending me the programmer so I will be able to program the warning lights that are on the gauges as well. I am very impressed with these gauges and they keep getting better. There customer service is and has been amazing!

I guess that is why I have them in my truck and in the RAT as well.

This is the finished product.

cf6c22e1d91d978f07b0551aa4551778.jpg

The reason there is a fuel pressure gauge is I installed an AirDog2 fuel pump at the same time and installed a FASS fuel filter delete on the factory filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 Special_Purpose

Special_Purpose

Baby Jake

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, camping, computers, riding w-wheelers

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:53 AM

That is the way it should have come from the factory.  But then you wouldn't have had all the fun of installing them!  Those look great, I've had no trouble with my ISSpro gauges either.  Great job on the install.

#3 DRobinson

DRobinson
  • Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:12 PM

They look great! Is that thing idling at 800 degrees!?

#4 Torque Monkey

Torque Monkey

• Moderators
  • 11,756 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:44 PM

They look great! Is that thing idling at 800 degrees!?

Actually no, it isn't (even though it looks like it in the picture). I had a screwed up pin for the EGT wires going into the ESP. I fixed it. Right now the issue I have is the fuel pressure gauge reads the boost sensor. It was a mess up in manufacturing. I should get the tooling to fix it from Isspro, tomorrow.

#5 Torque Monkey

Torque Monkey

• Moderators
  • 11,756 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:28 PM

I figured I would update this thread. Today I got set up with the software and hardware needed to program Performax and EV2 Isspro gauges. I had always wondered how you adjust the setting or the warning lights on their gauges. Now I know. For example I made warning light come on, on the oil pressure gauge in the Rat if the gauge goes below 10 psi. For the water temp gauge the light goes on if the temperature goes above 220 degrees.

For my friends truck I set the light on the fuel pressure gauge to come on if the pressure goes below 5 psi. For the trans temp if it goes above 250F and for EGT's it goes on it it goes above 1250 degrees.

We may adjust the settings a bit. It is very easy to do if you have easy access to the connections behind the gauges.

#6 Woodenhead

Woodenhead
  • Members
  • 7,182 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:07 PM

That sounds pretty cool Ben.

#7 Torque Monkey

Torque Monkey

• Moderators
  • 11,756 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:25 PM

Yeah, I always wondered how that warning light was supposed to be set. They are defaulted at settings that makes them just go off. If anyone is in the area and wants them set just let me know. It only takes a minute to do as long as you can get to the plug. I would have done my fuel pressure gauge in the Dodge but I have to open the dash to do it. I didn't have that much enthusiasm tonight. LOL!

#8 Lock

Lock
  • Contributor
  • 1,250 posts
  • Interests:Family, quads / dirt bikes, hunting, fishing, boating

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

That name brings back memories of my old '03 Dmax dually.  Years ago, Michael used to bracket race his old Ford Dually diesel (pre-powerstroke if I recall), and it always seemed like he and I got paired up.  I got out of the sport when the kids got expensive, but back then we must have been some of the slowest trucks down the track, but that guy was unbeatable - soooo consistent pass after pass.  Nice guy too!

Its been too long now, but I remember spending a night in the garage messing with bulb covers and various combos until I had my Isspro's matching the weird Chevy dash light color awful close  What you're doing with that '11 is cool - those gauges look like they came factory OEM in that truck. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users