BOMBER Board
Sign in to follow this  
Big Russ

If I keep my car....

The first emission related problem will get fixed with a Malone tune and this...

http://www.rawtekinc.com/collections/passat-tdi-2012-2014/products/passat-12-14-tdi-max-kit

I hear a tune on these Passats isnt as simple as the Jetta's?

You just need someone familiar with using the Vag com program. Not sure if Diesel Outfitters does that or not... I am amazed how much stuff can be altered by someone who really knows the system and has the right software.. Way above my pay grade..

Jose at JSP is a good person to talk to. Too bad they are so far away... Just shoot him an email.

I didn't see a muffler in that kit?? May have missed it.

Those cars are irritatingly loud and droning without a muffler.

Mine lasted two days after I put a "free flow " exhaust system on it.. Even the small Magnaflow with minimal restrictions made a huge difference.

Someone with your computer skills should be able to figure it out... It sounds like just a matter of turning a few things off??

Hope you keep the car, they are very nice vehicles...

I have the VAG Com but I am not sure it is the one that reads all the 1's and 0's going through the pipe on these new fangled TDI's. I would be happy to give it a shot if it does. I guess I need to do a little reading.

However, if you want to turn up the powaz, you NEED Marc Malone. LOL!

Go for it did my 2012 Jetta love it clutch hates me. Everything in one package from bora parts

Really... Bora Parts???

I've got Vagcom already...

I couldnt find a dpf/def/egr delete for NMS Passat at Bora.

that kit is a straight pipe, but they have an "Eco" kit that keeps the back half intact but restrictive. I'd do a stage 0.5 or eco tune so I dont have to mess with the DSG.

I first met Mark Malone when he was just starting to do tuning. My car was one of the first few he played with.. To say I am impressed is an understatement... I have had a Malone tune in my car for 320,000 km. Had it tweaked a couple of times after bigger injectors and a bigger injection pump were added.

Now I wish my car had no miles on it so I could do some more bombing,but alas, that isn't so! A couple of more years use and I may need to find a new toy to drive and save my truck...

That is some nice stuff they build. Too bad they dont have any love for us old time TDI owners.....