livingez_123

New rear bumper treatment

I'm going to have to replace my tail pipes in the near future, right now they exit on each side at the rear corners. I would like to run them out the back.

I'm thinking of buying a Dodge Ram 1500 bumper with the tailpipe cutouts in it. I will cut the nice radius out of the Ram bumper and cut them into my bumper...weld...grind...filler...primer...sand...more primer and then paint to match.

th.jpg

Edited by livingez_123

I've seen the same thing done with tubing cut in half or close. The 1/2 pipe was welded into the bumper and then filled, sanded, primed, and painted. It provided a nice radius and a 1/2 tunnel for the exhaust tubing.

Another thought anyway.....

Will be cool but good lord, you make exhaust work complicated!

To me its therapy, my trailer remodel, working on my Denali, messing with the house, it all feels good...until after I stop then all bets are off. I could hurt for a day or a week.

I've seen the same thing done with tubing cut in half or close. The 1/2 pipe was welded into the bumper and then filled, sanded, primed, and painted. It provided a nice radius and a 1/2 tunnel for the exhaust tubing.

Another thought anyway.....

I've seen that done before, and it is an option. I still need to take some measurements of the Ram bumper to see if I have the room on mine.

To me its therapy, my trailer remodel, working on my Denali, messing with the house, it all feels good...until after I stop then all bets are off. I could hurt for a day or a week.

I can relate, except for the hurtin part...so far.

After parking next to a Ram, I forgot all about the lower plastic trim on my bumper. So I would either need to get a different rear bumper for my Denali or come up with a different idea. I'm working on the second option and retaining the trim. now to find the right donor.