Sign in to follow this  
GTroyer

ford automatic repairs

friend of mine is having tranny issues with either his rig or his friends [they are in east nevada hunting] texted me asking if we know of a good tranny guy with blue oval trannies other than BTS ... looking for someone in north western Nevada / northern Calif. or southern Oregon .... maybe even Wa. ..... not sure what all is going on yet as he hasn't responded to my reply yet

any thoughts ???

thanks Ken ... as it turns out he totally fried his tranny , lost all but a drop of fluid by inattention / hurrying to hunt spot 6hrs east pulling a heavy 5er .... he got 4 qts from a friend to get back to civilization where he was able to fill it ... but he says it done LOL ... DUH

good guy just not into common sense sometimes

Ford sells a HD one that has the newer stronger TC. Last time I looked I think it was around $3500 exchange but that was a few years ago...he has 7.3 not the 6.?

Edited by rubystargoats

7.3 ... I'll pass that on to him, that would be far less than a BTS and just might do for his needs Thanks Dan

Edited by GTroyer

I have been thinking about doin a auto w/OD in my idi .... just want it full manual ..... just want the OD with out a clutch ... tired of shiftin that dang thing in the city... anyone have any experience with the E40d ? or what ever it is that goes behind the diesels ...