Who do you recommend for trailer suspension work in the seattle, Arlington, Everett, area?

Howdy All,  

If I weren't so gimped up I would do this myself ( enough whining ) so I need to have suspension work done on my toy hauler, after 75,000 miles the stock system is shot.  I am seriously looking at the Slipper Spring with shocks system made by Comfort Ride, I use a 5th wheel hitch made by them and like it.

Over the years the I have replaced the cross bolts with bolts that have grease zerks, and much stronger shackles this has helped but the bushings are gone, the bolts and shackles worn and most importantly the fixed spring mounts have broken and been welded to the frame twice.  In short I need a shop that knows what they are doing, has room for a 45 foot long trailer and can do the job properly and within the next month before I leave this frog pond and head south.

Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks.

Dave

Does Six States do service ? I know they have parts but service ?

called one of the six states places and was told they do”some work” but not extensive suspension work ...sorry

Edited by GTroyer

Dave I haven't had them do any work for me personally but you might try Arlington RV and welding supply. I know they do hitch installs and RV repairs. 

There is also a guy just across hwy 9 from me who opened a RV repair shop. He has a bunch of big 5th wheel travel trailers parked at his place but I know nothing about how good their work is. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HOSS said:

Dave I haven't had them do any work for me personally but you might try Arlington RV and welding supply. I know they do hitch installs and RV repairs. 

There is also a guy just across hwy 9 from me who opened a RV repair shop. He has a bunch of big 5th wheel travel trailers parked at his place but I know nothing about how good their work is. 

I have used Arlington RV for some jobs, and have been happy with their work. I don't know if they do what you are looking for. 

Good luck!

Howdy All,

After extensive research and talking to folks who have done it, I have decided to go with Road Master, Slipper Springs and Shocks, having the full system installed on December 14th in Vancouver on our way south.  Thanks for all the suggestions.

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

After extensive research and talking to folks who have done it, I have decided to go with Road Master, Slipper Springs and Shocks, having the full system installed on December 14th in Vancouver on our way south.  Thanks for all the suggestions.

Dave

Happy that you found something.  75,000 miles is a lot on any fifth wheel RV.   

I figured you would do your research and find a quality shop for the job. 

Dave .. name the place you found .. others might need repairs too and towers won’t really mind a few miles to get proper repairs under their rigs. 

I’m having a dickens of a time trying to find a shop who does tire alignment for trailers around here , new trailer tires (quality) and having had original tires eat themselves up makes a guy want to make sure alignment is good even though we all know original tires are junk to start with checking is cheep insurance with the price of good tires these days. 

Howdy All,

Road Master, where I am having the work done, actually manufactures the product I am having installed.  I don't know if they do other work such as general trailer repair.  They are located in Vancouver WA, address is, 6110 NE 127th Ave
Vancouver, WA, 98682, USA

Now I have to get new tires, one has a chunk missing in the tread, two are badly worn and the other three are in good shape.  So I am thinking of buying four new tires putting the two used ones on the front axle, the third being used as the spare.  I have been using Goodyear G114, 215/75/R17.5 16 ply rating tires they have lasted over 30,000 miles.  350 bucks each but they have been good dependable tires with NO blow outs they are also speed rated at 81 miles per hour not that I have the power to do such a foolish thing.😉

This is a link that shows the suspension I am having installed, this is a link to "etrailer" about the best pricing you can find on any type of trailer needs.  I am buying direct from Road Master, at their factory.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Leaf-Spring-Suspension/Roadmaster/RM-2460-2570-3.html

Dave