The Hossienda East

HOSS

I have been asked by a few people how to find my property. I have an address but it's not in the system yet. I guess it takes a while but the county said police fire and postal services are notified immediately.

So here is a picture of my onX hunt app with my property outlined and the GPS coordinates

So it can be looked up on Google earth.

Be aware that Google earth doesn't care much about this area. My neighbors house was built 5 years ago and does not show up. They don't update much in these parts. I like that! 5f3d3be10236ba03fc45b2641cd755b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

The red X's are perk holes locations so the inspectors can find them easier.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Thanks, Hoss! You know I was wondering. My version of G Earth says 1985 so guess that explains it. I don't have a handle on the big tree yet but I'm still figuring. Phil B

• 4 weeks later...

OnX maps updated and now has my name on my property! and it shows the new line that splits the 2 40 acre pieces. I was really surprised how close my estimated line was to the real thing.

I want to get a drone to take overhead pictures of the property as the development continues. the maps up there are updated regularly like more populated places. 

The Google maps of my place here update all the time, there they have not updated in over 2 years. 

Avista has done the locate for my power and flagged my driveway where it will run. They should be burying line soon! I was glad to see they went right along the driveway because I was going to put 2 200 amp services right where the 5th wheel is now (fairly close to the future home location) but more than likely the shop will go closer to the beginning of the driveway so now I can just add a service down there. My driveway is about the same length as the one here in Arlington. 

I have pretty much settled on a manufactured home for 2 reasons price and timeframe. I can get Valley Quality Homes to build me a place in about 12 months and for around 150k and a stick built the same basic floorplan would be at least 2 years and over 200k.

Valley builds a very nice place. It is built to stick built specs with 2x8 floors and 2x6 walls tons of insulation Hardie Plank siding 120# load rated roof and on and on. 

One big hurdle I have is being able to get it to my place. I have 2 access' to my property and the main way that I use off Beck road is not going to work. The road is too narrow and corners cut to close to the bank to allow a 50' long 14' wide load to go up it. 

The lower way in off Charley Russel road is much wider and easier to negotiate. It has one drawback a sharp switchback right before getting to my place. I talked to my neighbor who provided the rock for my driveway (he owns a road build company) and we went and looked at it and he said he can build me a sweeping corner there that will work. The guy I am working with at Valley Homes in Spokane drove out to check out the road so we are not wasting time planning only to find out it wont work and he is happy with the plan and said we will have no problems as long as the corner is widened. The next step is to talk to the owners of the property that the widening will take place on and that is the same people I bought my place from. The turn will take place on the very corner of the other 40 acres next to mine. The realtor I worked with is contacting them to see if they will allow me to do this and we will get a legal easement drawn up if they will. being its a year out I will not risk them selling that piece and the new owner deciding to not allow me access. 

The pieces keep coming together and I am confident this will work out. 

There are a lot of really good people up there who are very willing to help out and do the right thing. Its nice to know I will be living in a place where people care about other and not just themselves. Time is flying by and spring will be here before I know it and I have a lot to do to stay busy between now and then! 

The next thing I have to do is draw up my site plan for the county and the health dept so the county can do a site assessment and approve (or not) the site and I can continue with having the health dept check my perk holes and the septic design can start. I have done all the paperwork its just the drawing the actual site plan correctly that has me worried. If I do it wrong it will delay my project. 

Its stressful but in a good way! I am very excited about the whole thing and I cant wait to get over there full time!!!!!!!!!!!!

The view out the 5th wheel window 13eb751ff2d6f885d37ada7b9b03f618.jpg

• Like 3

Man, you’re really moving along there! I have a drone that takes decent photos, if I can ever make it up there I’d be happy to bring it and get some photos for you. Im guessing you’ll want your own though at some point to be able to take regular photos. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Woodenhead said:

Man, you’re really moving along there! I have a drone that takes decent photos, if I can ever make it up there I’d be happy to bring it and get some photos for you. Im guessing you’ll want your own though at some point to be able to take regular photos. 

Sounds like a great excuse to take the boys fishing one weekend 

• Like 1

Looks amazing hoss I’m not sure about the county there when I inquired with my local county about building a shop they told me to draw it up and if there was any issues we could change it to work and get it approved seems like they are willing to work with me and not make it to painful 

On a big parcel like yours, there is not the pressure to get the site location absolutely mathematically perfect. You are way back on your setbacks, and the inspector is not going to request a survey of your exact building corners. You have that going for you :)

They care about crossing water and septic, the well radius setback, stuff like that. 

congrats again on all the progress!

• Like 1

I spend the weekend at Hossienda East. I met with my surveyer on Saturday and he had some really cool equipment. We found the corners of the property and everything was very close to existing fences. We located and marked the line that divides my 40 acres from the other 40 that is still for sale. Now I can fence it and not worry about having to move it if anyone disputes the fence.
I had some visitors while checking the lines.
The good kind of visitors
The there was 6 cows and 4 bulls 3 where spikes and one was a 5x5 that I have captured on my game camera. He ducked behind the hill before I could get a picture of him. e37ebb52328ce31560fab2ad68baab0a.jpg120facb0908945be7ea953cea41afbc5.jpgbe363b578977a63a8f7a25431a5887b8.jpg9902b778f685b35bb6b9eb8d24030215.jpge23e457fab236751092ca6215bb602a2.jpg3809a1d58252e32f07836fa441cf2cb0.jpg

• Like 3

We located the driveway, house location, well location and Septic perk holes also and will use those for making my site plan.

• Like 2

Dang I have to add a couple pictures. I thought I posted a couple of the bulls but the pictures are so small on my phone when looking at the gallery I hit the wrong one. 

Here are the spikes, the big bull took off before I could get a picture of him.

48ee9f2592792606fb4eb448a113703b.jpg131b97f3ae2011c9c1640b87c439b308.jpg4a6e2bc3d7d2813819d1e1e27f1b0d0f.jpg

I can hunt on my property
I only have one house to watch for and it's well below my line of fire

Not a fan of hunting own property here, that makes for a herd move away from said property... just seeing them on your land is to me a very valuable resource of pleasure 

but just one man’s opinion here 

imho post your land and enjoy the views 

19 minutes ago, GTroyer said:

Not a fan of hunting own property here, that makes for a herd move away from said property... just seeing them on your land is to me a very valuable resource of pleasure 

but just one man’s opinion here 

imho post your land and enjoy the views 

Or like my buddy does, .338 Lapua with a can. Once a year one of their buddies tips over, no one gets scared they all come back tomorrow 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1