Headed East this weekend!

HOSS

you have it coming together nicely. Hopefully the power people will get with you, having that done will be very helpful. 
Been talking to Clint at Avista for a couple days. If everything goes right I will put up my meter pedestal this weekend and then they will connect to it. I have a lot to do I am not sure I will get that far but we will see

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

When I was in CdA Avista was great to work with , even helped me with ideas to make it a better install fir them and me . 

They have a great year around plan to even things out monthly $$$ over summer/winter power demands and spikes in monthly charges .. worked great !!!!  

I may be looking to do a similar move in about 4yrs or so. I have no idea what it costs to develop a bare spot of land and get a living structure on it. Not counting the cost of the property, what is a typical cost to drill a well, put in a septic system, elec, etc etc and get say a manufactured home or doublewide up and running? I realize it will vary upon well depth, length of electric run etc. but what should a guy who knows nothing expect to budget, $20k? $50K, $100k? I'm not talking the price of the property itself OR any house/garage/shop construction. I think I have a handle on those, I just don't know what all the prep work could potentially cost.

28 minutes ago, skyking said:

Are they bringing in 400 Amps to the pedestal? That is what I would ask for, 200 each for shop and house.

400 Amp metered and split after meter right?

I have two meters and hate it. The 25-30 service fee monthly chaps my hide. 

41 minutes ago, SMOKN05 said:

I may be looking to do a similar move in about 4yrs or so. I have no idea what it costs to develop a bare spot of land and get a living structure on it. Not counting the cost of the property, what is a typical cost to drill a well, put in a septic system, elec, etc etc and get say a manufactured home or doublewide up and running? I realize it will vary upon well depth, length of electric run etc. but what should a guy who knows nothing expect to budget, $20k? $50K, $100k? I'm not talking the price of the property itself OR any house/garage/shop construction. I think I have a handle on those, I just don't know what all the prep work could potentially cost.

budget 25~30K. It will probably be less and you can be pleasantly surprised.

• Thanks 1

Up here a 250ft well is going to cost you roughly 15k-20k the minimum cost is 5k if they hit water at 6ft still 5k 

Power will vary as wildly as the well. If you have to put in poles and run power a long distance be ready tp pay for it. I have buried power on the road and its going to cost roughly 7k to bring it to my property and put in a transformer about 10ft from my meter pedestal which I have to install myself. Yes a 400 amp metered service split after the meter. 

As far as septic goes you can dig your own perk holes have them inspected and design and install your own septic so if your willing to put in the work you can save a ton of money. 

To have it done also varies wildly depending on the type of ground and cost of materials. From a cheap gravity system to a high pressure mound with sand filters the cost can soar. 

A very rough ballpark estimate to do water, power and septic without and major issues would be in the $40,000 to $60,000 range. 

• Thanks 1

Just slightly higher , but the time to do it is when original install is being done. 

Panel a bit more , wire to install a lot more but not all that bad (copper wire please ) as wire prices have gone through the roof .. install about the same as it’s same process 

I did 2 ea 200amp panels as it was a bit less that back then ( my shop in CdA 2007) 

1 hour ago, GTroyer said:

Just slightly higher , but the time to do it is when original install is being done. 

Panel a bit more , wire to install a lot more but not all that bad (copper wire please ) as wire prices have gone through the roof .. install about the same as it’s same process 

I did 2 ea 200amp panels as it was a bit less that back then ( my shop in CdA 2007) 

Are you saying copper from the transformer to the meter instead of aluminum?

Yes..  Had to replace (at my expense ) aluminum wires once and have no love of aluminum wire at all 

maybe Rob Milosh should advise as I’m not any sort of electrical expert ... Rob you up 😁

Edited by GTroyer

4 hours ago, GTroyer said:

Yes..  Had to replace (at my expense ) aluminum wires once and have no love of aluminum wire at all 

maybe Rob Milosh should advise as I’m not any sort of electrical expert ... Rob you up 😁

Interesting, someone must have botched the install. darn near every building you see is fed with aluminum. Done properly with properly sized wire, torqued lugs and anti-ox it should be just fine. 

5 hours ago, Woodenhead said:

Interesting, someone must have botched the install. darn near every building you see is fed with aluminum. Done properly with properly sized wire, torqued lugs and anti-ox it should be just fine. 

Yep 

Everything at my place is buried. They have buried aluminum along the road now and will have aluminum up to the transformer. They hook up to the meter from the transformer when they connect, that is all their responsibility. I am responsible for everything on my side of the meter. It will only be about a 10ft run from the transformer to the meter.  

13 hours ago, HOSS said:

Everything at my place is buried. They have buried aluminum along the road now and will have aluminum up to the transformer. They hook up to the meter from the transformer when they connect, that is all their responsibility. I am responsible for everything on my side of the meter. It will only be about a 10ft run from the transformer to the meter.  

Curious does having a transformer mean 3-phase is a option 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.