Headed East this weekend!

HOSS

Tomorrow morning I head to my property for the weekend to get a bunch of work done! :dance:

Friday the dozer gets delivered and then my friend who is going crazy out of his way to help out is coming over with a mini excavator in tow! We will get the driveway and culverts in dig some perk test holes clear an area where I can put the 5th wheel so I don't have to haul the camper over every time I go. The area we level will be the location or close to, of my house when I get to that point.  The next things will be power and well, both of which are in the works. Once the perk holes are dug I can call to have perk tests done and start planning the septic system. 

After this weekend there will be a huge weight off my shoulders! Getting this driveway in so there is real access to the place is going to be huge! 

• Like 3

I got a few things ready yesterday
97f4d2b6e09ad4384e92d5244e7f0e3f.jpg2f0e991de34db79fafae088d90bbb31b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A few racks of ribs and bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños and some pulled pork and country style pork ribs.

There are 6 of us for 3 days and me for 5 days and I figured I will be feeding lunch to the dump truck drivers

1 hour ago, HOSS said:

There are 6 of us for 3 days and me for 5 days and I figured I will be feeding lunch to the dump truck drivers

It’s awesome you have such a crew and getting a good start so exciting on a side note when’s the shop going up? Put lean to for Parkin the temporary house while settling in 

Edited by J Dansie

The driveway is done! What a weekend! 

Thank God it wasn't too hot (it was in the 80's) the dust and the smoke were terrible! Coughing up dirt clods all weekend. The dirt we got into was like flour and it was pretty calm as far as wind so the dust hung in the air. Kelly wore a mask most of the time but to keep the dust out not the covid.  We got a total of 14 loads of rock and 2 culverts to get it done. Had a scare when Kelly had a coolant issue with his truck on the way up but luckily it turned out to be a hose fitting that weeped a little under pressure. I was great to have Kelly there and all his toys!!! Could not have done it without him! 

We got perk holes dug now I need to get after the paperwork and submit it to get them inspected. My well will not be drilled until spring. They are too busy drilling wells for people who's wells dried up. 

Just to clarify it was only Kelly and I doing the driveway. My friend Warren and his wife and mother in law were up at their place by mine and we had dinner with them while we were up there, that's why I cooked so much. It gave us a reason to get away from the work for a while and relax. 

I will post pictures off my phone later. Now its back to the grind.

• Like 2

That’s very cool Hoss. Looks like easy digging without a lot of boulders, that’ll be nice. Those deer don’t seem to have a care in the world.
If I ever make it up there I’ll bring my drone and get some good aerial photos for you. My Buddy is building down the Lake at Keller right now, I got some good photos of his site for him the other day. 

oh there were boulders. One in particular was a leaverite that you can make out on Google satellite view, but I didn't see it in the brush till I encountered it. after a few test bashes we decided to go around that one!

PXL-20210905-205044913-1.jpg

This one though, I could reduce its entropy after about 5 minutes of prying and lifting. it was located about underneath Mark's trailer in those deer pictures.

PXL-20210904-221647589.jpg

There's plenty of rock up on that knob to use, lurking just beneath the surface. there is enough rock up there that we dug 10 perk holes to get four :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, skyking said:

Nice pictures Mark. So cool to just sit back and watch the deer pass by.

That top one was the buck over at your friend's place?

Yes the one picture I took on the to Warrens place