A Most Unusual Thing Happened This Morning…

On 8/12/2021 at 7:28 PM, marksmith said:

Keep it in the back of your mind.  When coppers get compression by them by being too loose, they have a nasty habit of grooving and/or becoming so misshapen that a retorque wont do any good.

Believe Dave was just trying to give you a heads up.  Everyone has a budget, and timeline.  Its up to you how many corners you're willing to cut.  Glad you're back on the road!

I plan to keep an eye on them and will get all new washers and re-torque them at every other oil change from here on out.

might be overkill but I’ll have peace of mind.

3 minutes ago, Ternkiem said:

I plan to keep an eye on them and will get all new washers and re-torque them at every other oil change from here on out.

might be overkill but I’ll have peace of mind.

Id never even heard of one working loose.  I imagine that after the first torque check, you'd be good for a half million miles or so.  BUT..... I've come to be familiar with how your luck works. :right:

On 8/16/2021 at 2:14 PM, stroketeck said:

yup no need to do it twice if done correctly the first time

Agreed. Don't fix what ain't broke, fix what could be damaged already. (copper washers) once those washers are seated well and smashed in, they wont leak unless something moves. Nothing should even have the possibility of moving if something isn't causing some serious issues and everything is assembled properly.

Edited by It STIHL Runs

Agreed. Don't fix what ain't broke, fix what could be damaged already. (copper washers) once those washers are seated well and smashed in, they wont leak unless something moves. Nothing should even have the possibility of moving if something isn't causing some serious issues and everything is assembled properly.
Dont fix what ain't broke....
I'm going to remember this and bring it up for a good laugh!
You yet to know about the slippery slope here and how easily the grease appears under your boots. I've seen what you do with chainsaws. The trucks just move the decimal point over a couple times.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

b0bb1828e205c1cab7ac94dcd63ed9b7.jpg3b7d36da0281adb697be250c169e97e7.jpg02c7be6b300b93dfff8de3aecc349cb9.jpg

45 minutes ago, Smokn Bio said:

Dont fix what ain't broke....
I'm going to remember this and bring it up for a good laugh!
You yet to know about the slippery slope here and how easily the grease appears under your boots. I've seen what you do with chainsaws. The trucks just move the decimal point over a couple times.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210819/b0bb1828e205c1cab7ac94dcd63ed9b7.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210819/3b7d36da0281adb697be250c169e97e7.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210819/02c7be6b300b93dfff8de3aecc349cb9.jpg

Apples and oranges. Ya gotta fix orange and white so it runs like all orange does out if the box......

Apples and oranges. Ya gotta fix orange and white so it runs like all orange does out if the box......
That saw came in just to get tuned up and cleaned up. It left A cutting machine refurbished with porting and all new consumables ready for a show and shine or competition.

A fellow Husqvarna fan! I knew you were a smart guy!
Sorry about the thread hijack

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, HOSS said:

A fellow Husqvarna fan! I knew you were a smart guy!
Sorry about the thread hijack

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Exactly!

585xp and my 395xp are wood cutting machines.