Anyone remember this truck?

Jake shore

Hello, I Recent bought a new pickup it's a 2000 dodge 2500 24V! 

20210715_174550.thumb.jpg.9354289d60ca0eb9c675790a408c62f4.jpg

After owning a new truck for a couple years and hating it! I'm so happy to be back in older dodge diesel that's paid for for. Haha it took a bit of searching but the truck is immaculate! One of the nicest builds I've seen. It's running a sweet little compund setup.

20210714_221519.thumb.jpg.92f8c13e4af669c8bd07a924f3a718a8.jpg

So i noticed an old NW bombers sticker on the rear window and am curious if anyone has seen this truck before or knows the original builder of this beautiful machine.20210716_105247.thumb.jpg.e4fc798a6da0ff710749efb6b3604606.jpg Any bit of information is appreciated. Thank you! 

• Like 2

That bumper looks familiar but I can't place the truck with the owner. That is an old bombers sticker. I had one on my first gen.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

No I bought it off a guy in QuesneI BC who didn't know much about the history other than it came from down south.  I've found some old receipts with the name Ivan on it if that rings any bells!

Edited by Jake shore

There  a member Ivan Hardwick from Horsefly BC, screen name Accordivan, hasn't been active since 2018.  His signature that reads like it might have been his truck.

Here is his signature.
2000 24 VALVE Quad Cab 2500. PDR Stage 1 Trans, Triple Disc T/C, Valve Body, Billet Input Shaft, MagHitech Tranny Pan. Edge Drag Comp. DDP 3's. PDR HX 35/12/K31 twin turbos. Colt Stage 3 cam. 4" Stainless Exhaust. Isspro Pyro, Boost, Trans. Temp. Fuel Pressure, Coolant Temp. Gauges. Silicone Boot Kit. FASS. Ride Rite Air Bags. Pac Brake 2 Low kit. Pac Brake Remote Oil Filter Kit. Bushwacker Pocket Flares. Dana 80 rear axle with disc brakes. Running on Waste Vegetable Oil.

Kevin

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, n7gxz said:

There  a member Ivan Hardwick from Horsefly BC, screen name Accordivan, hasn't been active since 2018.  His signature that reads like it might have been his truck.

Here is his signature.
2000 24 VALVE Quad Cab 2500. PDR Stage 1 Trans, Triple Disc T/C, Valve Body, Billet Input Shaft, MagHitech Tranny Pan. Edge Drag Comp. DDP 3's. PDR HX 35/12/K31 twin turbos. Colt Stage 3 cam. 4" Stainless Exhaust. Isspro Pyro, Boost, Trans. Temp. Fuel Pressure, Coolant Temp. Gauges. Silicone Boot Kit. FASS. Ride Rite Air Bags. Pac Brake 2 Low kit. Pac Brake Remote Oil Filter Kit. Bushwacker Pocket Flares. Dana 80 rear axle with disc brakes. Running on Waste Vegetable Oil.

Kevin

This is that truck!

Thanks Kevin. There's a ton of mods I had no idea about listed there! Wow what a build haha I love how it drives. Feel like it has the power of a brand new cummins but the cool factor of a 2nd gen, now I know why!

I plan fix up the body / repair what minor rust there is. Just completely re did the drivers side. Passenger side will be done soon and then shell be looking like new!

Edited by Jake shore
  • Like 2

The builder was probably Piers , lives near Ivan’s place ..  if Piers did the work it’s a top notch older build 

Ivan hasn’t posted much over time but a damnnnned nice guy and one hell of a shooter , Hoss you should recognize it lol

Edited by GTroyer

Piers did some. I know that bumper anywhere. It’s a Fusion bumper that Ivan won from Diesel Outfitters at a Bombparty at Hoss’s place probably 8 years ago.

Did he remove the bio-fuel set up. It had a pretty amazing veggie oil conversion on it at one time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torque Monkey said:

Piers did some. I know that bumper anywhere. It’s a Fusion bumper that Ivan won from Diesel Outfitters at a Bombparty at Hoss’s place probably 8 years ago.

Did he remove the bio-fuel set up. It had a pretty amazing veggie oil conversion on it at one time.

Yes we pulled the veg oil setup off mostly due to not having much knowledge about it but I've still got it all if I ever decide to run it again!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jake shore said:

Yes we pulled the veg oil setup off mostly due to not having much knowledge about it but I've still got it all if I ever decide to run it again!

That veggie oil system is awesome. 

Filter fryer oil down to 10 microns and dump in waste oil tank. Start and warm truck up on diesel. Swap to fry oil. End of day or when setting long enough to get cold, swap to diesel and wait for system to clear fry oil from lines. You can hear the engine tone change. 

That's it. He had coolant heated everything (tank, valves, etc)  it worked well 

• Like 2

Oh crap! That's Ivan's truck!

The canopy threw me off! and the lack of veg oil system under the hood. He was always pulling his 5th wheel when he came down here to stay at my place!!! 

That veg oil system was awesome! He could drive from his place in Horsefly to my house and only use diesel to start it!  He kept a couple 20 gallon containers of veg oil in the back for the trip home. I would have definitely left that on and looked for a local source of oil. He had that system dialed in! 

Piers did almost all the work to that truck. Maybe a some Stroketech Dave as well? Either way a couple of the best guys in the game! 

Ivan is a great guy and good friend of mine. I have been up to Horsefly a few times to visit with them and do some hunting, Great people!!!!!

Congratulations on a nice well cared for truck!

15 hours ago, thewelder said:

That’s a cool old school bombers sticker. Anyone know where I can get one?

I originally got those from a local printer - but I don't remember the name.  If there's enough interest, I can have more reprinted, but probably not in time for the August Bomb party - I'll check it out though.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for all the replys guys it's pretty cool hearing that my truck was built by someone who's a real enthusiast and its obvious the work done is 2nd to none. This is a pretty cool club you've got here!

Iam a certified auto technician. 27yrs old and I can tell you I'll be keeping the rig on the road for a long time to come!  they just don't build them like they used to haha

Thanks again and cheers! 

Edited by Jake shore

Real enthusiast is a real understatement, go check out Piers Harry’s name a bit 

one of the foremost premier builders and developers of the Cummings /Dodge ( blue oval too .. amongst others) aftermarket parts market and builders , he’s since semi-retired ( now only works 40-50hrs a week I’m told) from the hectic hot rod diesel world . He moved up to God’s Country to his lil slice of heaven . He been a great friend to many on this board and we miss him a bunch being around. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jake shore said:

Thanks for all the replys guys it's pretty cool hearing that my truck was built by someone who's a real enthusiast and its obvious the work done is 2nd to none. This is a pretty cool club you've got here!

Iam a certified auto technician. 27yrs old and I can tell you I'll be keeping the rig on the road for a long time to come!  they just don't build them like they used to haha

Thanks again and cheers! 

Are you in the states or in Canada? 

The truck lived in Horsefly where Ivan is from so it came from that area not down South other than it was down here pretty regularly. 

There is a ton of good info (and some not so good :right:) to be had here. A lot of great guys with a ton of knowledge and experience with these trucks. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HOSS said:

Are you in the states or in Canada? 

The truck lived in Horsefly where Ivan is from so it came from that area not down South other than it was down here pretty regularly. 

There is a ton of good info (and some not so good :right:) to be had here. A lot of great guys with a ton of knowledge and experience with these trucks. 

One time, I give some bad info, and it sticks with me for ever... Sheesh!:right:

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, Torque Monkey said:

One time, I give some bad info, and it sticks with me for ever... Sheesh!:right:

:rolleyes: Negative attention is attention too!!

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

20210724_130054.thumb.jpg.a4026354f8b536faff447f7373864e18.jpg

Finally starting to make this truck feel like my own!

Fully serviced and detailed the truck since I bought it last month.

Re did the front end. New speakers. New wheels. Removed canopy. Been having a blast driving this thing around town.   Really want to install an exhaust brake but not sure if that's possible with the compound turbos??

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.