Time to retire my Smokn05 truck plates

I think when my truck plates are due next time I will not renew the personal plate. I feel the days of smoking diesels have come and gone and unfortunately stirred the pot with the EPA. For those who might not be aware, the EPA is pissed and now coming after gasoline guys with a vengeance. Diesel guys have been slapping the bull in the face for years and now the bull is showing it's horns. I'm as guilty as anyone. But I think there is no point in bringing more attention to my truck via the SMOKN05 plates, so it will have to just hang on the garage wall from now on. 

If you guys have not signed the petition to support the RPM Act, you should if you like to modify anything with an engine. 

• Like 1

Amen Shawn!!!!!!!  The RPM act is like the second amendment for car guys! Please sign it! 

18 hours ago, J Dansie said:

Do you have link or more information on rpm act 

The EPA now has a task force doing "raids" of performance shops for gasoline vehicles just like they did with diesels a few years ago. The EPA has said that you cannot modify any car that came with emissions components, period! If you take a 1975 Chevy and turn it into a racecar for track use only, you have violated federal law. If you remove ANY emissions equipment at all, you violated federal law, even if the car only sees use at a race track.

The EPA task force is specifically looking at social media for ANY car that violates federal emissions laws. They are using those people as bait to go after the shops who sell and install any item that violates federal emissions laws, even if its for off road use only. They are going to shut down the performance shops and the parts manufacturers.

They have already done some of these raids at shops. The EPA has major shops scared and so we should be also. The RPM Act is supported by SEMA in response to the EPA.

https://www.sema.org/epa-news

darn it’s crazy how quickly things can get outta hand. I was surprised to learn how many ohv have cats and even pwc i never knew 

14 hours ago, J Dansie said:

darn it’s crazy how quickly things can get outta hand. I was surprised to learn how many ohv have cats and even pwc i never knew 

Another reason why 2006 and 2007's are so popular in so many things.

• Like 1

Just remember what ever CARB ( calif. Air resources board) does so do the other states ... just read headlines from there and you see what you’ll have to put up with soon 😖

• Like 1

Times are a changing. If I ever get another diesel, I think my quest will be to improve and BOMB it with everything intact. I would be seeking solid towable power with a clean exhaust. I know it’s do-able and some mechanical improvements will not effect the controls that come with the trucks.

When I look back at what the air intakes did that I developed, they reuduced egt and complimented other enhancements. The newer rams have addressed the air intake with power shutters but they’re still limited with how restrictive the factory filter is and how small the actual airbox is. It’s a big job to draw in lots of cfm even in factory tune.

There are off continent diesels complying with the strictest of emissions standards without the need for after treatment and/or DPF. There’s more driving the direction of these emi$$ions mandates then technology. Someone, somewhere with a politician in their circle is playing a role in this so they can net revenue in a ‘legal’ way lol.

Trace the factories that make emissions equipment and urea and you’ll find the connections within a boatload of shell companies and other avenues. 

They just want us to continue to sip the kool aid. Just sip enough to comply.

Electric vehicles and their batteries aren’t eco friendly at point of inception but they sure look appealing at retail level to the sheeple.

I better stop. There’s a black suburban out front.

Edited by Scotty_
They’re watching lol
  • Like 1

The EPA doesn't care about the environment, they care about money and power. I can run any of my cars on E85 and remove all emissions equipment and still emit cleaner exhaust than they came from the factory. The EPA doesn't care about that, they want to secure fines for disobeying what they said we are allowed to do. Shoot, the EPA itself killed an entire ecosystem in a Colorado River a few years ago. Oopsie.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just submitted my signature to the link above!

I was just reading about how buildings and structures around the world account for 40% of carbon emissions.  Why isn't anyone getting on these guys?  The hospital building I work at was built brand new in 2014 and its HVAC system is grossly inefficient.  I have been told the power bill is "atrocious."

My '98.5 runs pretty clean but next year I am wanting to do some upgrades to no only improve power but make it even cleaner if possible.  Injectors from DDP and good tuning with a Quadzilla should go a long ways to that end.

• Like 1