2002 Got Cerma Coated

Last weekend I Cerma coated my boat 2002 Laveycraft with 256 hours on it.

I used an Adams product this time that is 10H that is supposed to last longer.

I will warn all of you, this isn't the most user friendly product I have used.

It will involve polishing off the "high spots" after the fact. I have never had to do this with another Cerma coating before.

I haven't done it yet so I don't have a follow up to report yet.

1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

Your trailer is dirty. 

Actually filthy to be exact.  All the compounds from polishing are all over it plus the dust.

The fenders will be next to get polished then the trailer will get everything pressure washed off. 

Gotta go in the order of gravity... LOL

9 minutes ago, megacabcummins said:

You still you clay bar or do you use the clay mitt or pads? 

For a boat you polish, the boat got polished 5 times prior to the coating.

For automotive I would just claybar unless its real bad.

Is that your dads boat next to yours Paul? 

Your boat is very nice but it doesn't have a lot places for pole holders.

Now the boat next to it that's a different story!

2 hours ago, HOSS said:

That is our neighbor Pete's boat and we are in the middle of redoing it all.

It no longer has a steering wheel it's stick steer, all new guages, all new wireing, all new interior, New Dashboard, It will get a polishing on the hull and it won't be Gold when it's all done.

It's not going to be anywhere near what that boat was this past fall.

Oh and last year is dumped the 460 Ford and Went to a LS Chevy. Lighter and faster in a boat all wins.  The pump had to be be rebuilt nearly right after so its making alot more power than it used to.

• Like 1

And for those onto Rusty's observation about the trailer and wondering why are the fenders clean?  I had painter plastic draped over them for most of the polishing.

In detailing if you can save yourself some work from the prep you should.  When I polish the fenders the boat will get plastic hung from it.

5 hours ago, HOSS said:

No Scotty mounts either...

I'll make you a deal - four scotty mounts - connected to a Trophy 2359

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, C Paul Go said:

Oh and last year is dumped the 460 Ford and Went to a LS Chevy. Lighter and faster in a boat all wins.  The pump had to be be rebuilt nearly right after so its making alot more power than it used to.

Hmm....

Did he have it done?  Or did he do it himself?  Which pump does that boat have?  I'd love to put an LS in the Alumaweld.

He had the motor conversion done in Lewiston I think it was.  They warned him that the pump might not like it. Hamilton 2 stage I think.

He brought it back to them for the rebuild and they set up the right size impeller. I believe the boat gained 5 or 6 MPH from all this and now consumes a ton less fuel.

The stick steer conversion was done by a friend of his that is a fabricator I think he lives outside of Moses Lake. When the floor came out is when we noticed that they had set these boats up to go either way steering wise.

He wants to run the Snake some so going to the stick steer was an easy decision.

If I was to take a guess this boat is going to increase in value by about 20ish thousand by the time were done.  It won't be gold anymore either.

If I get my way....LOL it will be White base with Black and Electric green accents. The interior is Black and White already.

I told him he did to nice of interior to just do basic White on the outside.

I must admit I do like spending someone else's money for a change.

2 hours ago, C Paul Go said:

He had the motor conversion done in Lewiston I think it was.  They warned him that the pump might not like it. Hamilton 2 stage I think.

Hamilton 2 stage in front of an LS?  Ours is also a Hamilton 2 stage and I thought they were only good for 250hp.  That impeller change was a good chunk of change.  I've been looking for someone that works on jets on the wet side, but not very hard.  I'm picking up another 302 short block tomorrow and starting the rebuild process on it, but an LS is far superior to a Windsor Ford...

4 minutes ago, Big Russ said:

Hamilton 2 stage in front of an LS?  Ours is also a Hamilton 2 stage and I thought they were only good for 250hp.  That impeller change was a good chunk of change.  I've been looking for someone that works on jets on the wet side, but not very hard.  I'm picking up another 302 short block tomorrow and starting the rebuild process on it, but an LS is far superior to a Windsor Ford...

He did a ton of research and the place he went to in Lewiston is top notch. He said the guy really know sleds.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So the neighbors swung by on Sunday and I was re-assembling the boat interior.  The wife said wow your boat looks even cleaner. 

That made my efforts seem worth while. LOL.

Then she asked a question I hadn't thought of. "How many hours do you think you have into getting it ready this year"?

So I started mathing it out in my head.  Then I felt sick and I said over 100... I think I will be at 128 by the time I'm done.   If I was paying someone for this I would have had to take out a loan.  Amazing how fast this has added up. It did get a long list of things done but still. It got exterior, cleaned, polished and cerma coated, Got a new Steering wheer, New trim guage sensor harness, New Gauge lights, new speaker ring lights, new lighted cup holders, plus all the wiring for both, a dimmer switch, New USB charging plug and wiring, Drain plug lights and wiring, all carpet interior got shampooed, all vinyl interior got steam cleaned and then treated with 303 UV Protection. 

Next year I'm hoping for just motor maintence and that's all.

The boat is (as of Sunday) Now back together. I started reloading all the gear from the front to the rear. I still have the stuff to go that goes inside the engine hatch and then its ready for the water..

29 minutes ago, J Dansie said:

Does it stay in wet dock or dry dock ? Beautiful boat 

It may spend the night on the dock about 5 times per year, the rest is inside the shop.

I still don't see a fish finder and down riggers on that list....  :right:
Amen!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Big Russ said:

I still don't see a fish finder and down riggers on that list....  :right:

This state has wrecked fishing for me.  I doubt I'll ever buy more than a day pass again.

The list of F-ups is long but the final straw was when they compromised my financial information and did nothing for it.

2 hours ago, C Paul Go said:

This state has wrecked fishing for me.  I doubt I'll ever buy more than a day pass again.

The list of F-ups is long but the final straw was when they compromised my financial information and did nothing for it.

Hence why we sold the Trophy and are focused on lakes and rivers now. 

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.