1994 Dodge 2500 4x4 auto

My youngest turns 15 in August and a great deal came up on this truck and it will be a project for him and I to do together.  The power door locks do not work, the heater fan is either off or full, you can not select where it will blow the air.  The truck is from northern BC and has rust in both doors and one spot in the lower back part of the cab.  The undercarriage is all sorts of rusted.  It has 260k miles but no blowby from the oil fill tube and shifts great and no loose steering with good brakes.   It needs to be painted really bad, lots of surface rust and paint peeling.  This will be a slippery slope, I still have a 215 pump on the shelf that I should have sold years ago, but now....

I have never installed a p-pump so I may need to watch some videos or get help from someone on this.  Will the stock auto hold up to the 215 pump and a 4" exhaust?  Here is a pic of him putting a new air filter in since I had one laying around and it needed one!

It also needs some gauges as it has none.  

Also need a clean 8' bed if anyone knows of one and a set of straight doors

thumbnail_IMG_9545.jpg

• Like 1

What's wrong with the pump that's in it? 

47rh finally has options for billet shafts, but the governor pressure hole will always be a weak spot. Wouldn't push 650-700 personally. 

Thats a sweet truck!! It will be a great father son project!! Time for a built auto though.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, marksmith said:

What's wrong with the pump that's in it? 

Nothing, I just assumed it would be easier to make more power with it.

Trying not to put a whole lot of money into something that could be wrecked fairly earlier in his driving career.  I am looking more for time spent with the kid.

Are special tools needed to build the auto up??

Hydraulic press and a cage for the overdrive section. 

Good assembly lube, dial indicator and feeler guages. Get creative for pushing bushings out. 

They're simple as transmissions go. Tolerances are large and forgiving. Valve body has lots of parts, but clean and meticulous makes it fairly simple.