7.3 grants pass

J Dansie

Any repair shops familiar with the 7.3 idi? My girlfriends brother is moving from or to Phoenix made it to grants pass blew a radiator hose was towed into Napa auto changed the hose filled radiator started it and was blowing white smoke he’s thinking possibly head or head gasket I’m not sure the year it’s a single wheel van front ambulance turned into motor home. Was curious what might be available to have it looked at or other option is find storage facility rent uhaul and go back for it in couple weeks 

1 hour ago, marksmith said:

Siskyou Diesel is the only shop in that area I am aware of. More performance based. Might try them. 

Thanks mark it’s sounds like he found a place to store it he will most likely rent a uhaul and take his trailer and what he needs to Phoenix and then take my truck in couple weeks and haul it to Phoenix then pull and rebuild the motor sounds like he has a plan at the moment 

I’m not sure his end game I know he loaded everything he needed in a uhaul and put the truck in storage and is halfway to Phoenix the big draw back is it’s an ambulance turned into rv he was living in good thing he has friends and family to let him bunk with for now. 

thank you very much for input and ideas

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.