17" dually wheels...looking for 3

not in a huge hurry. my tires are almost gone...so after hunting and christmas im gonna have to get new ones. i hate the fact i cant rotate them at home. my truck has the factory aluminum wheels. with steel inner duals. so im gonna sell the aluminum wheels and replace with steel all around.  but i need 3 more steel wheels if anyone has any laying around.

32 minutes ago, leadfoot067 said:

image.jpeg.098963c567540a88a0191b645e4c114a.jpeg   OEM ram wheels, came on my 2017. 17 inch.

I may be interested in those for my ‘98 when you decide to sell them. I’d offer up the 17” steels I have now but they’re from a 3rd Gen and the finish on them shows their age. Not what you’d want on your ‘17. 

Buy two more aluminum ones and have both sides polished out the no issue as to reversing them ??? Only need two more that way and have all aluminum rims x6 😁

Before you spend on polishing, make sure when you have two aluminum wheels on the rear that you have enough stud for the lugs. Had a guy at the dealership that ran into this issue with the stock aluminum wheels. They are thick.

• Like 1

I'm going to guess unless you find new steel wheels you are going to want to powder coat or paint the ones you end up with. 

I have a full set of steels off my 3rd gen.  I think I will have the wheels all coated at some point.

30 minutes ago, C Paul Go said:

I'm going to guess unless you find new steel wheels you are going to want to powder coat or paint the ones you end up with. 

I have a full set of steels off my 3rd gen.  I think I will have the wheels all coated at some point.

If I don’t end up with other wheels some day, that’s the direction I’ll have to go as well.

Also, for anyone looking for steel wheels...there are chinese knock offs out there for 1/3 the price. They are gray in color and they’re CHEAP thinner and lighter and I saw how they fail on the road with guys that were hauling campers. They would literally tear apart under a load, rip the hub and axle apart as well as the tire and put you in the ditch. Just an FYI

• 3 weeks later...