I have never had a 3rd gen but if you are having steering issues I would think it cant be a bad idea. 

I have a 3rd gen. I was told not to on a 3rd gen. 2nd Gen yes I did and it did help. I was told not required on a 3rd gen and if your having steering problems it's normally another part.

I just got a message that my new PSC steering gear is here.  I've been waiting since March. National Back order.

On 11/2/2020 at 11:14 AM, C Paul Go said:

I have a 3rd gen. I was told not to on a 3rd gen. 2nd Gen yes I did and it did help. I was told not required on a 3rd gen and if your having steering problems it's normally another part.

I just got a message that my new PSC steering gear is here.  I've been waiting since March. National Back order.

I’m trying to get education what was the reason behind it’s not needed or a benefit for third gens? My understanding is although the box is significantly better than the second gen there is still stress that allows it to move it’s just less than second gen I still have lots to learn 

8 hours ago, J Dansie said:

I’m trying to get education what was the reason behind it’s not needed or a benefit for third gens? My understanding is although the box is significantly better than the second gen there is still stress that allows it to move it’s just less than second gen I still have lots to learn 

Besides the size of the gear box, there is the size of the frame rail.

I am actually adding a PSC Steering box to my truck soon as it just came in. I did that before adding a brace.

• Like 1

A brace isn’t a bad thing to do anyway . The box does put some flexing on all years especially if one has oversized tires , the brace cures the flex and gives a more solid steering and therefore handling too 

i’ll probably be adding to my ‘18 also

I’ve had it on two trucks and think it well worth the 0price of poker ...one man’s  opinion 😁

Edited by GTroyer
  • Like 1

I swapped my Red Head for the PSC, huge difference, way less flex in the box itself. I also removed the steering brace and did not put it back on. Makes a difference when you go from a mini van steering box to an actually truck box.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, GTroyer said:

A brace isn’t a bad thing to do anyway . The box does put some flexing on all years especially if one has oversized tires , the brace cures the flex and gives a more solid steering and therefore handling too 

I’ve had it on two trucks and think it well worth the 0price of poker ...one man’s  opinion 😁

Gary as Pat just said since your ready to no longer be stock, in all serious look into the PSC steering box.  There is a difference.

On 11/4/2020 at 8:40 AM, GTroyer said:

Your steering box is larger still than the 3rd gen boxes. 

With 37’s hard up against a curb, we saw .007-.010 flex at nose of frame on my 18.  This is with bumper removed. 

• Like 1

Great to hear that Mark thanks 

one thing i forgot also is the frames are much stronger in the new rigs over the 2nd gens. 

The upgraded 3rd gen box that is on my old truck was a huge improvement over the stock 2Nd gen box also , it is Scott’s kit on it .

Edited by GTroyer

Alot of great info, thanks guys.

Im alwas trying to learn stuff about my truck. Im open to ideas.

Ok, PSC ??? Gear box.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, 97cummins said:

Alot of great info, thanks guys.

Im alwas trying to learn stuff about my truck. Im open to ideas.

Ok, PSC ??? Gear box.

This group has saved me money, well not exactly saved me money. But I will say there are very few times concerning my trucks I have had to buy twice. So that's the type of saving I'm talking about.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

My buddy Marcus is a PSC dealer, he's down in Tigard. One man show so give him a ring.... Dethloff MFG

I've done a lot of upgrades to my truck, huge understatement, but the PSC steering box is by far one of the top upgrades. Completely changed how much truck drives.