Latest BOMBs on the 98.5

One reason I’ve been quiet lately is I’ve been busy working on my truck the last month, Mainly has therapy to recover from a bad relationship with a girlfriend the past 20 months. The wrong woman can sure mess you up!

In the past several weeks: BOMBed the valve cover, installed a massive honkin’ air filter, installed a DSS sterring stabilizer, repaired my lift pump, did some sound deadening (didn’t help much) and installed LED/HID headlights.  Been a busy boy! Oh and I threw on 4th Gen wheels.

By the way, there is a component missing from the engine bay...bonus points to anyone who can figure out what it is! lol

34FDC8C1-A072-4E09-9F62-41396D9F342D.jpeg

B170D0B4-40C6-4D74-AC22-D808F6A01522.jpeg

862AF518-B323-47A2-A58C-AE31E3FD02DC.jpeg

• Like 1

Its missing a factory exhaust manifold so that header can be on my truck.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

You guys are good! LOL.  All good answers. The 710 cap is broken, I need to pick up a billet one from Wagner.

Stroketeck hit it, the APPS is missing. Actually just relocated for a cleaner look. I moved it to the spot on the fender where the grid  heater relays are mounted, then mounted those on top of the APPS bracket. I chopped up the original APPS mount to use for mounting on the fender. 

The headlights are a real improvement, but the fit of the housings in the headlight pockets is terrible. I guess that’s what you get for spending $225 versus $600.

2 hours ago, Scotty_ said:

Yeah bettery for the bhaf

Scotty that RV air filter took some effort to fit up! Even without the battery there. The highest flowing BHAF you can get is 680 cfm at 8” restriction, this one flows 960 at 8”! Some BHAFs flow less

Missing the 4x4 engagement switch or shifter???😂

J/K  Engine bay is looking good.

A suggestion, get the BAF enclosure coated also. That will be a game changer.

• Haha 1

Oh man MSquare you let a 69 Bronco go??  just had to pile on too lol :D

Paul yeah the 4x4 shifter came up missing a long time ago, haha...I do want to put something on the outside of the air cleaner housing because it really picks up the heat from the turbo and exhaust.  Planning to wrap that in the near future but I'm thinking about doing a set of compounds, putting a S475 under that Garrett.

Woodenhead looking online and Youtube there almost seems to be a resurgence in 2nd Gens. There's quite a few young guys buying them and turning them into impressive rigs.  2nd Gens are one of those instant classics like a 55 Chevy, I don't think they will disappear or be forgotten in the decades to come.  Until the 2nd Gen came along there was no such thing as a "fast diesel", 2nd Gens started it all.

• Like 5
14 hours ago, Vaughn MacKenzie said:

Woodenhead looking online and Youtube there almost seems to be a resurgence in 2nd Gens. There's quite a few young guys buying them and turning them into impressive rigs.  2nd Gens are one of those instant classics like a 55 Chevy, I don't think they will disappear or be forgotten in the decades to come.  Until the 2nd Gen came along there was no such thing as a "fast diesel", 2nd Gens started it all.

Truth!!!! I wish I still had a certain Red 98.5 sitting in my shop :down:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, HOSS said:

Truth!!!! I wish I still had a certain Red 98.5 sitting in my shop :down:

Where’s the truck now? Is it still being raced? Was a cool truck I remember meeting you and watching you race at firebird good times 

ah Marty's Bronco just blended in with the rest of them you know..

Bright yellow, white top. Everything in show room condition.

They were everywhere......😏

Vaughn, if heat is a concern you could cerma coat it. I was actually thinking powder caoting it until you mentioned a heat concern.

And yes the 2nd Gens have become a kids favorite, unfortunately, that includes kids turning them into their Honda dream car. 

More money spent on wheels than anything... Unit bearing just waiting to give up and flip the truck...

• Haha 2
  • 1 month later...