Anyone have any experience with it?  I think we're putting it on our Alumaweld - 215hp 302 Ford.  I've found the plate to add an O2 sensor on top of the manifold where it's dry.  It's coast guard approved also.  Just curious.

• Like 1
  • Big Russ changed the title to Holley Sniper EFI
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ordered from Jegs today - looks like I'll be yanking the sled home. 

Anyone have any experience with it?  I think we're putting it on our Alumaweld - 215hp 302 Ford.  I've found the plate to add an O2 sensor on top of the manifold where it's dry.  It's coast guard appr

I love spending other people’s money!

I had a old version on a ram charger 20 some years ago and loved it compared to the carb responsive started warm cold didn’t matter. It didn’t have o2 sensor just bunch of control knobs on the box

I like the Terminator X system. I did a LS swap in a friend's 67 Camaro and the install was fairly easy and getting it up and running was a breeze. Then it went off to a local tuner and dialed it in on a Dyno. The Sniper will tune itself and the setup is super easy so it might be the easiest way to go in a boat. Can you get a riser with an O2 hung already on it?

9 hours ago, livingez_123 said:

I like the Terminator X system. I did a LS swap in a friend's 67 Camaro and the install was fairly easy and getting it up and running was a breeze. Then it went off to a local tuner and dialed it in on a Dyno. The Sniper will tune itself and the setup is super easy so it might be the easiest way to go in a boat. Can you get a riser with an O2 hung already on it?

The Sniper system is Coast Guard Approved, hence why we're going with it.  I've found O2 Sensor Plates at Performance Fuel Injection Systems in Michigan that look like they will fit.

https://pfisys.com/store-3/#!/Misc-Parts-and-Services/c/10944437/offset=0&sort=normal

Here's the manifold. (Not my boat but it's the exact same motor)

SOLD: Duckworth 18' JET Pro Limited Edition boat in Tarpon Springs, FL |  181563

• Like 1

Cool project Russ, I'd consider doing something similar if I didn't have to do everything twice.  My understanding is it's about $1k to convert to EFI but I've never really researched too hard.  Good on ya for sticking with CG approved stuff.  Keep us posted on the conversion.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Big Russ said:

The Sniper system is Coast Guard Approved, hence why we're going with it.  I've found O2 Sensor Plates at Performance Fuel Injection Systems in Michigan that look like they will fit.

https://pfisys.com/store-3/#!/Misc-Parts-and-Services/c/10944437/offset=0&sort=normal

Here's the manifold. (Not my boat but it's the exact same motor)

SOLD: Duckworth 18' JET Pro Limited Edition boat in Tarpon Springs, FL |  181563

:p:

Is there enough wiggle room in the exhaust system for the extra riser height?
The rubber exhaust hoses in the boat are probably 2 feet long so it shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

This is the best picture I have of the actual motor showing part of the exhaust manifold (I'm in Puyallup and the boat is in Kelso).  There is plenty of exhaust hose to hook it up, even with a 1" space.

ACtC-3c_PUS2_448t6rTyM98nj6wBQFKi23-rVK6

40 minutes ago, stroketeck said:

i had a redline 351 engine in my jet sled, efi will be nice

With a closed loop oxygen sensor it will be great!. It's about time.

3 minutes ago, stroketeck said:

i had a redline 351 engine in my jet sled, efi will be nice

The original carb was junk when we got the boat, it had a fixed metering block on the secondaries that was full of corrosion.  Everything else was so corroded that it was hard to seal.  We placed the original 450cfm (guessing...) carb with a 670cfm carb jetted for a 351.  While the boat runs much better, it runs very rich and floods if you're not careful.  I'll have an excellent condition marine carb for sale as soon as the EFI is on and working.  Rejetting the carb may have worked... but I dont want to waste the time tuning a carb when the EFI is self tuning.  I called Holley and they said as long as we had an O2 sensor, it should self tune quickly.  

Holley 0-82670 - Holley Marine Avenger Carburetors

iHpOiMwspWNvlOzlMbA-zAAcSfxVtUKhn_p2NosC

17 hours ago, livingez_123 said:

Will you be running one or two O2 sensors?

I believe it only has connection for one O2 sensor.  It has a touch screen that I'll mount on the dash where I can read AFR.

Anyone have any experience with it?  I think we're putting it on our Alumaweld - 215hp 302 Ford.  I've found the plate to add an O2 sensor on top of the manifold where it's dry.  It's coast guard approved also.  Just curious.
I have a sniper kit on our 383 stroker. What are you curious about?
Follow the instructions other than you need to have the butterfly slightly cracked, we were hung up on not messing with the throttle until 160 degrees. You need to have it cracked to fire then let it figure itself out once 160 is reached it should smooth put the idle.

Also you will still need a in tank or inline fuel pump aswell as injection line.

We did the in tank option and braided line worked out well. Was my first time installing both a little learning curve but easy enough.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, srt6 said:

I have a sniper kit on our 383 stroker. What are you curious about?
Follow the instructions other than you need to have the butterfly slightly cracked, we were hung up on not messing with the throttle until 160 degrees. You need to have it cracked to fire then let it figure itself out once 160 is reached it should smooth put the idle.

Also you will still need a in tank or inline fuel pump aswell as injection line.

We did the in tank option and braided line worked out well. Was my first time installing both a little learning curve but easy enough.

Since it's on a boat I was going to put an inline pump with a pre and post filter and then run the return line back through the vent hose.  

How do you like it?  I called Holley and they said as long as there is an O2 sensor, it'll learn to talk jet boat just fine. 

• Like 1
Since it's on a boat I was going to put an inline pump with a pre and post filter and then run the return line back through the vent hose.  

How do you like it?  I called Holley and they said as long as there is an O2 sensor, it'll learn to talk jet boat just fine. 
I have just a pre filter on the pump plus inline between the pump and throttle body.

We like it, just that cracked butterfly valve thing caused some headaches but we got it sorted out.

It's great now.

14 hours ago, srt6 said:

I have just a pre filter on the pump plus inline between the pump and throttle body.

Thats exactly what I meant - Pre and post pump - I should've been more specific.

I may pick your brain a bit when it comes time to do it.

Thats exactly what I meant - Pre and post pump - I should've been more specific.

I may pick your brain a bit when it comes time to do it.
No problem, I'm no expert but I'd be glad to share what I know

23 minutes ago, srt6 said:

No problem, I'm no expert but I'd be glad to share what I know

Here's a good question - do you remember how long the cable on the touch screen is?  I can get a 12 foot extension for it to mount the touchscreen at the helm, but I may need a longer cable. 

Here's a good question - do you remember how long the cable on the touch screen is?  I can get a 12 foot extension for it to mount the touchscreen at the helm, but I may need a longer cable. 
Mine was 6-7 feet. It goes from the throttle body down to a grommet then up to my dash.
If you are trying to make it to the front of the boat for sure need extension to properly route it is my opinion.

• Like 1

The Holley system seems to be well sorted. 

While I always prefer MPFI, The TBI unit will work well for your application. Just be mindful of what air cleaner/ spark arrester you use. That's where performance is made or lost. 

Dave