BOMBER Board
HOSS

Wtf??? Where is summer?!?!?

Man I getting so tired of all this rain!

I have lived here all my life and always been the guy who doesn't mind the weather for the most part. The reason it's so green and beautiful in our countryside (I do not include Seattle in the term countryside) is because we get so much rain but good God at least give me enough time for the place to dry out enough to mow once in a while! This is crazy!

100 +/- around here ( mostly high 90’s) no rain ... water this year for totals are very low , snow pack was very low also ☹️

Be happy to trade some with you 😁

Edited by GTroyer

Doesnt help with mowing but when you want a sunny weekend to be more guaranteed drive East is my recommendation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, C Paul Go said:

Doesnt help with mowing but when you want a sunny weekend to be more guaranteed drive East is my recommendation.

Summer has been weird here too. Yesterday was the warmest day we’ve had at the lake and it hit 88F. 

Water temp is still 63F, typically it’s 70+ by now. 

Summer has been weird here too. Yesterday was the warmest day we’ve had at the lake and it hit 88F. 
Water temp is still 63F, typically it’s 70+ by now. 
And we have had wind. Wind on so many evenings

2 hours ago, GTroyer said:

100 +/- around here ( mostly high 90’s) no rain ... water this year for totals are very low , snow pack was very low also ☹️

Be happy to trade some with you 😁

Same here Gary. The heat is starting to annoy me. Been looking for a place to retire but Oregon has gotten

really expensive. Any place that's less than expensive than CA usually has awful weather.

Ron .. if you can handle a lil snow look into  the Idaho panhandle 

not the larger towns though , they are getting to big ( Cd’A ) but outside city limits are good 

just had had a good friend move to the river area between Cd’A and Post Falls 

some great areas around there and they can use another good country minded conservative ( plenty there now but never enough lol) 

some nice places in eastern Oregon but the big cities politics govern the state badly .. southern Oregon is nice too but same issues on politics 

Flat Head Valley of Montana and south of there is very nice too ( snow country too)  

This year seems to have weird everything. I had several trips in May to Alberta where nighttime temps dipped well below freezing. Sure

glad I had a Webasto diesel fired heater in the sleeper.

Farmers are have been grief all over the countryside planning their planting times.. 

I must not be paying attention because I haven't noticed anything different than normal. Lol. The entire month of June was a wash for me though, too many family issues keeping my mind occupied. 

Mid to high 80’s here, humid and lots of storms here. Currently in a Severe watch again and clouds are building.

I am glad we have such mild weather here and don't big nasty storms I am just really tired of wet. 

I suppose it could be just a combination of things but a little sunshine sure wouldn't hurt 

My theory is we’re not driving much these days so the planet is cooling back down. Need to light a few tires on fire and get some carbon back in the atmosphere. 

I ordered sun for you Hoss, it will get here on the 20th. 

• Like 1

I’m not complaining. 

Last year I started feeding cows July 1st. 

This year looking like first part of August. 

I’ll take cheaper beef every time!!! 

Yeah my pastures still have grass for the horses to eat.   That is always nice.   

I need a couple cows to work my pastures over! My grass is taller than me and it still too wet to mow. 

Have Dan drop off a couple goats , aka mowing machines 

3 hours ago, HOSS said:

I need a couple cows to work my pastures over! My grass is taller than me and it still too wet to mow. 

Best part is they convert that green stuff into tasty beef!!!

Do you even have a meat locker up there that slaughters???  I’d think the Seattle-ites would have shut them down. You know, it’s inhumane to slaughter and process your own when you can just buy it from the store. 

Lol oh so true ... besides everyone knows those are pets and don’t get slaughtered.. all the meat in stores just grows that way on trees lol

Best part is they convert that green stuff into tasty beef!!!

Do you even have a meat locker up there that slaughters???  I’d think the Seattle-ites would have shut them down. You know, it’s inhumane to slaughter and process your own when you can just buy it from the store. 
Silvana meats on the other side of 1-5 does but if I started running beef cow I would seriously look at a meat saw and do my own. I have broke down my share of primal's when I worked at the restaurant.
I would love a walk in cooler in the barn by the smoker! A big stainless sink and table and I would be set. Then raise some pigs and cows and ring the dinner bell!
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, GTroyer said:

Have Dan drop off a couple goats , aka mowing machines 

The sheep and cow will do a better job. Goats like bushes to browse on. Except I think she finally sold the cow on Sun.

Goats tend to eat whatever you don’t want them to. 

Sister had a goat growing up. Staked it out so it could browse blackberries, oak and cherry suckers, lilac bushes and other odds and ends. REFUSED to eat brush. Took the grass and weeds down to dirt.... and was becoming very poor (3-4 ribs showing) before we moved her. 

Dad promptly fattened her up, and we ate the hateful thing. 

Well I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease! The sun is here!

16 hours ago, marksmith said:

Goats tend to eat whatever you don’t want them to. 

Sister had a goat growing up. Staked it out so it could browse blackberries, oak and cherry suckers, lilac bushes and other odds and ends. REFUSED to eat brush. Took the grass and weeds down to dirt.... and was becoming very poor (3-4 ribs showing) before we moved her. 

Dad promptly fattened her up, and we ate the hateful thing. 

Goat Tacos are Delightful