BOMBER Board

I finally replaced the GC2 golf cart batteries I installed 4 years ago. They were really shot, I had to run my generator a few times this weekend to get things done.

Part of their short? life was due to me drying them out once, leaving the rig plugged in too much one winter. The converter/chargers from that era are not good maintainers, and tend to boil them out.

I installed a disconnect switch to help with that and also the slow discharge of the little loads on the RV. This pair I hope to get 5 years out of, and sell the trailer.

My control panel has just the 4 lights for battery condition, and it was nice to see the 4th one lit again. First time this season :D

How are these priced compared to regular batteries. I am still running the original batteries in my camper (2010 model) I am sure I am not far away from needing replacements. Do these play well with a solar charger which is also in my future? 

They are $98 a pop, but the stock battery box will not fit them. You may be out of luck in a truck camper as far as modifying it. I will look at the numbers later. Let me know if you have group 27 or 31.

They are a better deep cycle battery than most anything you can buy, as they are designed from the start for that purpose.  

You using Costco GC batteries Kelly?

I’m still running a pair for house batteries in the boat. I killed them really hard in 2018 so replaced them last year as they were struggling. The charger in that thing is 33yrs old so I don’t leave it plugged in when I’m not there. In the winter I just have it plugged into a timer that comes on every Friday for 5hrs to top things off. 
The solar panel I installed is doing well to help them keep up when I’m at the beach for a few days. 

Yes Costco sells the basic Interstate GC2. I am also getting a solar panel for the roof of the RV, with a good MPPT charge controller.

victron bmv-712 battery monitor for solar setups.  i found 6 volt battery boxes on ebay, nice thick, well built..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GCE-G-Dual-6V-Deep-Cycle-Battery-Box-Auto-Marine-and-RV-End-to-End/282981414026?hash=item41e301b48a:g:LbwAAOSwh6pcyHsK:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!98338!US!-1

• Like 1

I have run GC batteries on my last 3 trailers.

I built a solar panel bracket that is on the trailer while in storage.

Works excellent with a good charge controller.

I need to fix the inverter as the battery charger it has isn’t working .

Currently if we are out at a full plug in site that’s fine.

But boon docking I try and remember to take  the solar panel 
with us and the Honda EU 2000 gen set.

I'm going to mount 175 watt panel just behind my AC unit on the roof. Hoping that takes care of most days.

Kelly .. What is the amp hr  rating on those 6v  CG batteries your using 

thinking about re-configuring my battery tray on the front end of the trailer ... mostly just angle iron but set up for two batteries by the cross bracing .. mine are behind the 2 large propane bottles 

My friend who has a RV factory authorized shop for a few different manufactures just recommended these for my 5th wheel.

PowerPulse info   

He wired up a Magnum ME3112 and two additional 6v FullRIver DC250-6 batteries. Batteries

I should have along time of trouble free RV'ing with this setup and 4 of the big blue batteries. :ThumbsUP:

cool idea on the power pulse, thank you.

I am setting up the trailer for a mobile office for Mary. I already have a 1500W inverter, and I think I will double up on the solar panels from the start. Her office is not an energy hog, just a laptop and one extra monitor to give two screen usage.

I have a sit-stand desk mechanism to build it on, and I knocked the dinette out years ago in the first remodel. There is plenty of space.

The futon is being changed out for a loveseat power recliner with battery power. We have the same manufacturer, Stanton, in our living room and I charge the little battery about once a month.

I was worried about weight, so I had my 250 pound friend lay on the futon while I extended and then retracted the slide. It will work fine.

If I have the time to take off and she does not, we can at least get a couple of day jump on the weekend, and she can still be on the clock during the day.

I will put that power pulse on my battery switch. That way it won't draw them down, and do the magic when we are either out or charging the batteries.