BOMBER Board
Sign in to follow this  
GTroyer

So I’m not stock any more

Got some non factory mud guards, a  truxedo bed cover .. roll up model ,  and you already know a 42 gallon bed tank ..

power is still stock and will stay that way it’s got plenty for my needs tows great

• Like 1

:ThumbsUP:

That's how it all starts. First its mudflaps, then its deletes, twin CP3s and stacks! :lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SMOKN05 said:

:ThumbsUP:

That's how it all starts. First its mudflaps, then its deletes, twin CP3s and stacks! :lol:

Not a chance, no $$$ to support that STUFF any longer. 

Not a chance, no $$$ to support that STUFF any longer. 
That's what they all say!
I remember how hard Mr. Cob preached the stock stuff till Byron and I showed him the dark side
  • Haha 1

Would like a few more ponies from my 2011, but not willing to dump the $$$ it would take to get there. Towing 17K+ twice a year between WA and AZ gives it a good workout with a few 4th gear direct hills along the way. I get left in the dust by brother's 2012 towing a whole lot lighter.🙃🤔

I went from 16+K to 10K +/- tow trailer ,  life is great at this weight /truck combo 😁

Edited by GTroyer

They've got enough power to light the stock tires up at a stop light while pulling - I dont need anymore (yet..)

Being retired for a bit now,(5 years) I am being a bit more watchful of my spending.

I took a 30k drop in annual income when I retired but We were smart and worked diligently to pay off stuff early .

My bride started squirreling away funds when I retired and had enough hidden away when I bought the new truck to pay for it.

There’s something to be said for wives that are organized accountants.

Sometimes over the years I have wanted expensive non necessities that she made me justify, but, I can’t complain.

I have plenty of toys to keep me entertained in retirement. 
Now if they would get the salmon numbers up so we can fish more!! 

For the record I new this was Gary's post before I opened it..... LOL

I can't argue with him about the newer trucks having good power out of the box.  I doubt I'd keep one stock due to tuning available for them but still good power.

I will only add a progrsmmer to my truck to get rid of the emissions when the time is right.

I have more than enough power that I can pull any hill at faster than I want to with my camper (and now csmper and trailer.

19 minutes ago, Bob V said:

I will only add a progrsmmer to my truck to get rid of the emissions when the time is right.

I have more than enough power that I can pull any hill at faster than I want to with my camper (and now csmper and trailer.

That’s what I did on the ‘16.

cost prohibitive to replace all the smog stuff...$8K up here

I have to say, I never did program my 13.  It had tons of power, towed great and got great mileage.  Maybe I am getting old but when I have enough power stock to turn 35's on dry pavement I think I am good.