BOMBER Board
Sign in to follow this  
4angels

Didn't think this would happen for a few more years

My truck is sale pending.  It's a mixed emotions thing, it sits more that we drive it but we totally love it.  We don't plan on a big RV for a few more years since our new one burn up last year.  So its a grocery getr' for the last 18 months.  Technically it's already sold to a buddies son and his loan funds tomorrow but you know, not till I have cash.  lol  Its going to a fantastic home and is going to be the subject of a You Tube series of videos on the company channel as they convert it into a Prospector and overland beast on 40's.  But I am still a little sad, ya'll aint used to seeing me keep something so long.

If you follow the marketplace I sold my Jeep too.  And now my Mercedes will go up for sale as well.  All three will be gone and I will have one rig for me for the first time in 15 years.

But I am excited about what we chose for the replacement that can fill most of the gaps from all 3.

Gladiator.JPG

• Like 2

I’ve had a lot of experience with the Gladiator.

let me know if I can help with building it.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the truck, but its all fun and games bringing in a new rig.  I drove a gladiator the other day....  got me thinking.  

Edited by Suprmn
  • Like 1

Congratulations (I think?) and good luck on the next page of your journey. 

Hey start a build thread on your old truck here and post links to the build please!!!! 

It would be really cool to follow it here!

Hoss, thats a great idea.  I will do it.

• Like 1

Look forward to seeing the build of your truck! The Gladiators are really cool too! 

San Marcos Texas??? It looks like on the license plate??

You going to drive it home or ship it??

It’s alredy on a truck.  Will be here Monday.  Good eye. 🧐

• Like 1

Got it yesterday, man does it drive nice.  Wow, no idea Jeep could come that far and it is my 8th Jeep.

• Like 2

Glad to hear you like your new ride. 

The improvements from the JK to the JL wranglers and how all that was implemented into the Gladiators is what has had me considering them.

V8 conversions for them are really cheap too... I just watched a YouTube series, Lite Brite I think? They did a 6.4 hemi swap.... Now i am slightly torn between a Power Wagon and a Gladiator.... Ohhhhhh Old PW fenders on a Gladiator.... Squirrel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can bolt on a supercharger and beat SRT-8 chargers. It’s becoming more popular then the V8 swaps.

Well, I got a long warranty so the motor stays stock for a while.  But there are a few plans in the mix.....

AEV for sure.  No RTT for now but we will see.

Road Armor makes a really nice bed rack that’s height adjustable. You can lower it so most RTT’s  (roof top tents) tops are flush with the cab for less wind drag and they have a nice spare tire option for that rack.

Another thing to consider is the MOPAR bed storage. Very well made.

The rack is something to consider if you might add the tent, at least you’ll have the adjustability with this model/brand.

Edited by Scotty_

not looking at bed storage, its still my pickup and I dont want to remove decking and drawers when I need the bed.  Racks on the other hand can be removable very easy.