BOMBER Board
Sign in to follow this  
rubystargoats

Overdrive light issue on 2001 F250

A friend has a F250 for his landscape business with 280,000+ miles on original auto trans. now the OD light is coming on and Ford dealer has released one of the sensors and a control module and after a few days the light comes back on.  I had a manual trans on my 2000 so not familiar with what sensors and control modules are used. Also what is the chance that the trans is actually going bad with somewhat heavy use and that many miles? This affects his business so needs to resolve quickly.  Also if I send him to Diesel Outfitters what would be his wait time? I don't really trust the local dealers especially since they have already "fixed" it twice........

I forgot to get back to this one, turns out it was caused by a bad alternator. I don't know if it was voltage or frequency or leaky diode causing AC instead of DC or ??? issue but now with alternator replaced.everything is good. The dealer fixed it so I don't know the specific details.

3 hours ago, rubystargoats said:

I forgot to get back to this one, turns out it was caused by a bad alternator. I don't know if it was voltage or frequency or leaky diode causing AC instead of DC or ??? issue but now with alternator replaced.everything is good. The dealer fixed it so I don't know the specific details.

I had a mechanic tell me that one things go crazy check for a/c voltage apparently it’s common on computer controlled vehicles beings it confusing to computer kinda like a virus to us.