BOMBER Board

Hey guys and gals,

I hope this finds you all good and healthy right now. I'm considering a new diesel addition to the family. It's a simplicity 7790 mid 80s model. Do any of you have any experience with these garden tractors? It has a lambardi deisel engine.

Thanks for your help

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think Bob Grenzo (Gonzo?) posted a while back about one he dragged home. I probably screwed up the name, maybe even got the wrong person lol. 

• Like 1

Bob Grenzo or Gonzo on here is the man to talk to on this subject! 

He does not get on here much anymore but I will text him and see if he can chime in on this. 

Those are very good lil engines , is yours an air cooled one ?

i had a 2 cylinder air cooled one I used on a monster wood splitter many years ago

i used a 30 ton ram and a 50 gallon hydraulic fluid tank .. that darn splitter was unbelievable. 

The engine came off a agriculture  irrigation pump  and was a low hour one 

Edited by GTroyer

Yes it is a 2 cylinder air cooled. I haven't pulled the trigger yet on it. I'm going back and forth about having 1500-2k tied up in a machine with very limited parts, and from the sounds expensive when they can be found. What I need for now is a reliable worker that I don't have to wrench on every time I mow. There is just something about these older garden tractors I just love. I think this thing should have some life left in it. But if something happens and it doesn't, the wife will not be amused with my cool old diesel tractor or my decision making skills. LOL

That looks like a cool old machine, I often find myself in similar predicaments over pulling the trigger on older machinery.  Usually common sense loses, I only see the potential it has, not so much the potential problems and I get someone elses project :D

I had an old simplicity garden tractor with a tiller that looked a lot like that (they all do) but it had a one lung briggs, I sold it here.  That little diesel would pretty fun.

Edited by Woodenhead

Woodenhead, you hit the nail on the head there. I think I'm slowly talking myself out of it, and an early 70s restored Roper RT-16T with an Onan motor I was looking at. For that same reasons. Just not the best time to soak cash in question marks.

Couple pics of the Roper 5e19f052ff9aea26a75be3f02429ef80.jpg65cbe1aa558141f607c7204f101fb994.jpgb7a7a97459ad15ba0d41716d73c2f177.jpg9fba7f2d15eab44bfd16b011a6a5f78d.jpg

It's been 2 wks of me scouring for a dang used garden tractor. I guess it should be no surprise why I spent 2-3 months finding my last 2 trucks. The wife thinks I'm nuts and obsessed.lol

I have a 60s vintage Cub Cadet that has been sitting for many years and needs restore.... Free to good home. Ran great when parked 15 years ago, I was using it to plow snow on our steep private road. I have too many other projects pending to even think of dragging it out for me to do anything with it.

8 minutes ago, rubystargoats said:

I have a 60s vintage Cub Cadet that has been sitting for many years and needs restore.... Free to good home. Ran great when parked 15 years ago, I was using it to plow snow on our steep private road. I have too many other projects pending to even think of dragging it out for me to do anything with it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cub+cadet+lawn+vintage+mowers&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwi3gYrozZPpAhUmAzQIHSUlD0sQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=cub+cadet+lawn+vintage+mowers&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQDFDCNljFbmCrfGgCcAB4AIABPIgBnQSSAQIxMJgBAKABAaoBC2d3cy13aXotaW1n&sclient=img&ei=gZSsXve8FKaG0PEPpcq82AQ&bih=723&biw=1536#imgrc=bz_JuTN8TNvYIM

does it look like this?

I will help load it on the first truck or trailer that shows up for it..... It is a real solid tractor, real clutch, heavy transmission and cast iron differential etc. Also still has tire chains on the rear tires....I NEED to just start getting rid of stuff, I may need to sell this place in a few years and build a new place on my Pateros site.

Stroketeck you beat me to it. Not sure where you are both located but I'm doing a quick turn and burn from Arlington to Vancouver/Portland on Sunday. I will be taking a flatbed empty down, and bringing back up a mostly empty trailer plus new to me rider. If I can move that cub along the way let me know i would be happy to do it.

i just wanted it as a project and have no use for it, and can't cross the border into USA. i will bow out if someone NEED'S it

i am alitte attached to IHC , as my grandfather was a dealer for them

I do have a use for it, if you are ok letting me bump you stroketeck.