BOMBER Board
Abbyfireguy

Season starting Wednesday

After much back and forth with this Covid crap, finally starting on Wednesday with a short haul to Kamloops and Vernon. Only a day trip

with the 5 ton. Then, Thursday we have to pickup the Kenworth T680 which I’ll get rigged Thursday and Friday, it’s likely going to be the same T680 I had  last season. It hasnt had much use since last July .My first  highway trip to Alberta will be early next week. Can’t come soon enough! My wife is getting too creative with bigger projects around the house.

It will be a nice change of scenery. Traveling through the mountain passes this time of year is really beautiful.

Looking forward to some pleasant seat time.

I will be even more self contained this year as I’ll have a small APU on the tractor this season for fridge,microwave and AC while parked.

That is a good thing with the virus still keeping restaurants and other establishment closed for truckers.

I also have a small bbq and table for outdoor dining when my hours run out in early evenings.

Its quite pleasant to set up a bbq at a good pullout and chill out quietly before hitting the sack.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Abbyfireguy said:

After much back and forth with this Covid crap, finally starting on Wednesday with a short haul to Kamloops and Vernon. Only a day trip

with the 5 ton. Then, Thursday we have to pickup the Kenworth T680 which I’ll get rigged Thursday and Friday, it’s likely going to be the same T680 I had  last season. It hasnt had much use since last July .My first  highway trip to Alberta will be early next week. Can’t come soon enough! My wife is getting too creative with bigger projects around the house.

It will be a nice change of scenery. Traveling through the mountain passes this time of year is really beautiful.

Looking forward to some pleasant seat time.

I will be even more self contained this year as I’ll have a small APU on the tractor this season for fridge,microwave and AC while parked.

That is a good thing with the virus still keeping restaurants and other establishment closed for truckers.

I also have a small bbq and table for outdoor dining when my hours run out in early evenings.

Its quite pleasant to set up a bbq at a good pullout and chill out quietly before hitting the sack.

Sounds like perfect travel setup. You might consider a porta potty as some places no longer offer bathrooms 

Be safe Steve this stuff isn't over yet!

18 hours ago, HOSS said:

Be safe Steve this stuff isn't over yet!

Got a delay. Took a rather ungraceful swan dive out of the truck cab at the nursery yesterday.

the landing 5 feet below really hurt. Fortunately good folks looked after me quickly.

Thought I could  shake it off.. felt not bad,drove home. As soon as I got home I started to have difficulty breathing and pain

was getting off the chart..

A quick ambulance ride and the evening in hospital getting many tests,scans and treatment.

Nothing broken,but lots of internal,bruising of entire left rib cage and abdominal area.

Loaded up with morphine and Maryanne brought me home at midnight.

Got 3+days worth of morphine ,unlikely I will need it that long. It’s pretty uncomfortable this morning,but should taper off 

quickly, Dr said keep moving and let pain be my guide.

Had a new style cab with unfamiliar grab handles,when I swung out and reached for the handle it wasn’t there,next thing was a rather hard landing . My own fault, injuries could have been worse.. My guardian angle softened the landing, along with the extra padding I have.LOL!

Heal as quick as your OLD body allows , didn’t you read the retirement manual .. no dumb Azz falling allowed lol

God has told you Stay Home and Stay Safe in a very direct way

That is the translation I get.

Listen 😁🙏

Just say Yes Dear

we all understand that lol

Edited by Scotty_
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scotty_ said:

God has told you Stay Home and Stay Safe in a very direct way

That is the translation I get.

Listen 😁🙏

Just say Yes Dear

we all understand that lol

Yes dear. In a manly way.

That is going to be one of those "it only hurts when I laugh" kinda things once you start healing up. 

I am glad its just bruising!!! Busted ribs suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

A bad fall off a horse packed in on a hunting trip about 15 miles and the ride out afterward taught me I didn't want to do that again! 

Believe a Bad bruising can be worse than broken , like a bad sprain can be worse than a break  ... no matter it hurts bad either way 

Edited by GTroyer

I slept good the first night,but, the hospital loaded me to the max with IV morphine just before the kicked me loose. 
Last night didn’t sleep nearly as well, not enough drugs in the system.

Marginally better today. This will be a lesson in patience which I usually find hard to wait..

As far as a sign from God not to travel, it will give me two weeks more to have the virus crap very much reduced..

Got,a real,easy truck to drive this season with auto shift, full air suspension and heated seats .. 

All the nurseries have already said just back in they will do all the unloading.

I deliver  to amazing people in Alberta who have become true friends over the last 6 seasons. 
I touched  base with them all last week just to make sure they are all doing well.

Yesterday once the word got out, my phone was beeping all day from every single one of them..

Pretty humbling actually...🤤😉

• Thanks 1

Take care Steve!!!! 

Its nice to know that people care! and you have a LOT of people who care a great deal about you! 

:heartbeat: in a manly way of course 

2 hours ago, Scotty_ said:

He likes my hugs

NOT!!

Ditched the morphine,don’t like being stoned. Pain is ok if I stay flat and move carefully.

Sneezed while eating my breakfast today, knocked me flat on the floor from pain. But,generally things are slowly healing.

Patience grasshopper! This will be a long 2 weeks.🧟‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Abbyfireguy said:

NOT!!

Ditched the morphine,don’t like being stoned. Pain is ok if I stay fat and move carefully.

Sneezed while eating my breakfast today, knocked me fat on the floor from pain. But,generally things are slowly healing.

Patience grasshopper! This will be a long 2 weeks.🧟‍♂️

I fixed it lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Abbyfireguy said:

Thanks, kick me when I’m down!

I can’t kick very high so now was a good time.

sneezes are nasty 

Well, it’s amazing the improvement since a Friday.

Feeling at least 80% better. Was able to start heat and excersises for

the pectoral muscles. They took the hit on landing.

Being stuck at home and the pain issues has forced me to be very diligent and do my best

to follow a somewhat overboard but safe rehab. 
Gotta balance out the excersises or I will have unequal saggy moobs! 🤔😎

Took my first run to Alberta last Wednesday back late Friday.

Went amazingly smooth. The No contact procedures in place were a little strange but everyone is doing

very well with wearing ppe and maintaining their distance.

Dr said the ribs are gonna be a little sore for months,but have healed enough to be fine..

He said you can sit around the house for 2 months if you want, but that’s not necessary. 
I’m good with that.

Took all my own food and cooked in the sleeper.. I have a Jetboil for boiling water and a one cup Makita pour over, makes 

the best coffee I’ve ever had.

For cooking I use a single burner butane stove, it’s what most truckers use for cooking.. very safe and compact.

A small fry pan and a small pot are all I need..

I’m not gonna cook a prime rib dinner in there,but I’m a good enough cook to make some decent meals pretty quickly 

with a bit on thinking ahead.

Next trip I might try butter chicken and one pan lasagna for my two suppers!