BOMBER Board
Torque Monkey

From The Monkey to Hoss (again)

I have a sign that needs to go North to Hoss. It is 1/8th inch thick 12” x 24” ( roughly).

If any one is heading that direction, please let me know.

:ThumbsUP:I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fishing is closed down for now - Otherwise I'd've had plans.. :(

16 hours ago, Big Russ said:

Fishing is closed down for now - Otherwise I'd've had plans.. :(

For the life of me I cant understand why they closed recreational fishing? Your on your own boat in the water not a cruise ship. That is some good social distancing right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HOSS said:

For the life of me I cant understand why they closed recreational fishing? Your on your own boat in the water not a cruise ship. That is some good social distancing right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason they give here for closing the lakes and campgrounds is not the people using them as much as the support more gas, food, tackle leading to more social interactions. Our current rule is only in your county you can get a ticket fishing in different county yet I can go anywhere in my county and do whatever I want. Really stupid way of doing things 

Up Here its all closed as well and the law is stopping people from going to the smaller communities on their way to the lakes and their cabins. People are shopping at these smaller communities for grocs, gas, supplies and risk spreading the virus.

20 hours ago, yogi_160 said:

The reason they give here for closing the lakes and campgrounds is not the people using them as much as the support more gas, food, tackle leading to more social interactions. Our current rule is only in your county you can get a ticket fishing in different county yet I can go anywhere in my county and do whatever I want. Really stupid way of doing things 

20 hours ago, Scotty_ said:

Up Here its all closed as well and the law is stopping people from going to the smaller communities on their way to the lakes and their cabins. People are shopping at these smaller communities for grocs, gas, supplies and risk spreading the virus.

What you guys are saying makes sense I had not thought about that but I go to a card lock place for fuel and then the boat launch so for me normally fishing is a social distancing practice! 😁 

• Like 2

Hey Ben, Could that turbo hitch a ride part way? :D Exit 88

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HOTMOPR said:

Perhaps along with a few other 1st gen parts I happen to have sitting in my basement?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HOTMOPR said:

Yup! Still sitting on the bench waiting for you. It is a little dusty so it may need some cleaning.... At least the price is right! LOL!

• Like 2

I might have to make a roadtrip since everything is cancelled

• Like 1

What is the list of parts needed to go from Ben's to Mark's? Just the metal sign and a turbo?

14 minutes ago, SMOKN05 said:

What is the list of parts needed to go from Ben's to Mark's? Just the metal sign and a turbo?

So far the sign and vice (for Hoss) and a turbo (for Adam).

I'm thinking about making a trip just for something to do outside the house. I've been going to work but my schedule is even more weird than it normally is and that's saying something. Other than work, I haven't left the house much at all. I really don't want to get my wife sick because she is probably a very high risk category, overweight, diabetic and asthma that's always barely under control. But if I can stay isolated I think its probably not a big deal.

I was thinking about doing the run Thursday. I'd meet Ben in Longview, Adam near I-5 and drop the rest at Mark's shop. I don't think I want to loiter around much and I'd like to maintain distance. I have clorox wipes I can wipe stuff off with but I'm not wearing a mask, I don't have any anyway. I'd plan on being in Longview around 1100-1200 and up in Arlington maybe around 1600 ish.

Would that work for all parties involved?

• Like 1

You are welcome and its as safe as can be in this situation. The only person who has been here in 2 weeks has been Pat and he has not been here for a few days, Terry and I are not sick (have no symptoms) I will most likely be out in the shop or on the tractor at that time. I will be home I don't go anywhere I have plenty to keep me busy right here! 

You are welcome here anytime! 

4 hours ago, SMOKN05 said:

I'm thinking about making a trip just for something to do outside the house. I've been going to work but my schedule is even more weird than it normally is and that's saying something. Other than work, I haven't left the house much at all. I really don't want to get my wife sick because she is probably a very high risk category, overweight, diabetic and asthma that's always barely under control. But if I can stay isolated I think its probably not a big deal.

I was thinking about doing the run Thursday. I'd meet Ben in Longview, Adam near I-5 and drop the rest at Mark's shop. I don't think I want to loiter around much and I'd like to maintain distance. I have clorox wipes I can wipe stuff off with but I'm not wearing a mask, I don't have any anyway. I'd plan on being in Longview around 1100-1200 and up in Arlington maybe around 1600 ish.

Would that work for all parties involved?

Works for me I will keep my distance. I just ran the vise through the solvent tank so it should be good. 👍

Ben,

Can I drop this other stuff for Adam off to make the trip as well?

2 hours ago, carl20320 said:

Ben,

Can I drop this other stuff for Adam off to make the trip as well?

The plan is to meet somewhere in Longview. You're close by there aren't you? Can you meet in Longview as well? my number is two five three four 4 1 nine 8 0 5.

I'll be in the Challenger so it has to be clean and fit in the trunk, or in a box in the trunk.

Edited by SMOKN05

29 minutes ago, SMOKN05 said:

The plan is to meet somewhere in Longview. You're close by there aren't you? Can you meet in Longview as well? my number is two five three four 4 1 nine 8 0 5.

I'll be in the Challenger so it has to be clean and fit in the trunk, or in a box in the trunk.

fits in a clean small box.  I should be able to meet up with you at whatever time you are in the area.  I'm 5 minutes from Ben's and 30 minutes from I-5.

1 hour ago, carl20320 said:

fits in a clean small box.  I should be able to meet up with you at whatever time you are in the area.  I'm 5 minutes from Ben's and 30 minutes from I-5.

You want to catch a ride in with me?

10 hours ago, Torque Monkey said:

You want to catch a ride in with me?

or I could come get you in the"parts" golf.  :right:

I actually have a few errands I need to run  in town (Manthe's for a throttle cable for a brush cutter, and PO - something from the Co Auditor came today - tabs?)