BOMBER Board
Packards42

2019 F250 4x4 over 20 mpg what it worth used

The wife and I rent a 2019 PowerstrokeF250 4x4 crew cab SB from Enterprise rent a truck recently to haul a load of stuff home from Walnut Creek California to Washougal Washington.  My truck to loud for her with mud terrain tires and monster exhaust wore out.  unlimited mileage $69.95 a day.  4 days and 1350 mile later. 20 plus mpg

We were surprised how quiet the truck was and how easy it was to drive. As I said: we average better than 20 mpg round trip.   I was wondering about getting one. we can get one of these with around 20,000 miles on it for under $40K,  is that good price. we really enjoyed the trip.  it was a basic  XLT, model simple radio, power most everything else, and included running boards. stock it sit has high as my leveled truck with 35 inch tires.  yes iot has California emission so we can bring into Washington state.

I am on my 3 Ford powerstroke and very happy with them, The 6.7 Powerstroke has been a good engine but like all new diesels fuel quality is important. As far as price I would look at new, you can get a new XLT for about that price and the 2020 trucks have 450hp and over 1050ftlbs and a 10 speed transmission. Check new dealer inventory prices on the internet.

I had to delete my posts for new trucks, wasnt paying attention, they where 6.2 and 7.3 GAS engines

I about 45 days out unless we find a scream deal,  I have my family home in California pending for sale.  hopefully it close by April 6 or 7.  They doing some additional structural inspections.  scares me as conservative as engineer can be!  especially  lawsuit  happy California it likely worst for geotech guys. 

My agent told be a story about recent buyer finding a replacement beam in wall he was tearing out that wasn't disclosed, the buyer suited the seller  and won a settlement.  

I can ruin it for you. Have your wife sit in a Platinum and turn on tha massaging seats. 

That will cost you another $20k.

That and adaptive cruse,  adaptive stearing, and collision and lane departure alerts make it a comfortable and SAFE truck to drive.