I put the Brute on the dyno today

This was probably the worst of the runners. Before, during and after.

Screenshot_20200726-183950edit.png

Screenshot_20200726-184115edit.png

Screenshot_20200726-184052edit.png

Nice!!!!!

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2020 at 9:22 PM, HOTMOPR said:

looks like a good place for a Whipple 4.2..

I just now saw this. I could go for a little boost but first I need a blower for my wallet, give it a little boost.

Datalogs look good. Airflow is averaging around 50lbs/min or slightly higher which seems accurate for ballpark of 500hp. I went ahead and got a good Mopar tuner out of Houston to do an email tune for me rather than try and learn all the settings from scratch. Now that I have a good baseline I can fiddle with it myself but on a modern car there are so many things to mess with, there are 26 different timing tables for example.

Plus I had him do a transmission tune also which I've never messed with an auto trans tune at all. Shifts are much more firm, positive and quicker. I like it! I tried a datalog mashing it from a 5mph roll and it just blew through the tires in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and had to let off. I'll get it back on the Dyno this fall and maybe to the track, if not then next year. 5eab651da413d599391b797f0a06049e.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Very cool stuff!!!!!

It amazes me how many hours those guys put into working up good tunes and how difficult it must be to wade through all that info to make them work. 

The days of going from level 2 to level 5 on a comp box are over. 

• Like 1

MT ET Street SS drag radials ready to go. I may race it over in Spokane next weekend. My son bought a house there are I'm planning a visit. 8075c5f7421e026864d273136ffee1ec.jpg

• Like 1

Got one run so far. Spokane, density altitude was 3,200'. First time on average strip in I think 17yrs. I'm pretty rusty as you can tell by the reaction time. Haha! I'm happy with the car though.

d45f70cccf5d5b8ceac635cabbc49728.jpg

Were you loosing traction?
Did you heat those tires up good before your pass? I would expect you to have a much better 60 foot time than that. Is your traction control active?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, HOSS said:

Were you loosing traction?
Did you heat those tires up good before your pass? I would expect you to have a much better 60 foot time than that. Is your traction control active?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Basically the driver didn't know what the heck he was doing. Since I haven't done a burnout in it before I really just didn't know the car very well, didn't know how it acts etc. When I went to warm the tires it did a burnout way easier than I expected it to so I let off way too early. Then I thought I would have to be easy on the throttle launching it so I just launched off idle. The car seemed to dead hook but obviously I should have launched with more rpm. The second run I did a better burnout but looking at the video I should probably hold it a bit longer. I still need to launch harder.

Run 1 was 12.53 on a 1.85 60ft

Run 2 was 12.52 on a 1.84 60ft

The Density Altitude on the first run was 3,200ft and the second was 3,700ft. I did improve my reaction time but it was still crappy at .208

I need to just get more practice so going back to my Long Beach cruise thread, I should have done the burnout!! :burnout::lol:

• Like 1

Nice!!!!!

I know nothing about racing with newer cars but I have heard a lot guys talking about issues with traction control and other electronic systems playing havoc with their ability to get off the line. 

Pro Tip: Unhook one front ABS sensor and car will do NOTHING for traction control. 

-signed your neighborhood 5.0 mustang rental car drifter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, marksmith said:

Pro Tip: Unhook one front ABS sensor and car will do NOTHING for traction control. 

-signed your neighborhood 5.0 mustang rental car drifter. 

:ThumbsUP:Thats what I am talking about!!!! I knew there was a trick to it I just couldnt remember what it was! I have seen many a newer car owner at the track doing this, 

The car has all the electronic gadgets. You can turn off traction control with the touch of a button and if you hold it, it turns off stability control as well. Traction control was off for the runs. 

I think the car is doing its job, I just need to get more seat time and practice. I plan on getting some runs in back here at sea level so that'll tell me more accurately what's going on since what I know is based off low DA info. I don't have any reference points for 3000-4000' DA. 

Basically I need to quit getting groceries and learn how to drive it. :lol:

• Like 1

I went to Bremerton Raceway tonight. I didn't know they switched to 1/8mi only since the new management. It was good practice where I needed it though, at the launch. I got 8 runs in before they shut down at 7pm. I basically just kept doing a round-robin back into the lanes. I think I'm getting my grove back as the last 4 runs I cut a .0xx RT with a best of .018

Ran several et of 7.8 @ 90mph. I'm still only able to get 1.8 sixty foot times with a best of 1.794 but I'm still running the tires at 28psi cold. I need to get an air tank so I can lower pressure at the track. I don't really want to drive home for an hour on 20psi.

I was pretty happy with the night though as I got practice in and I'm starting to get a feel for the car on the track. I want to get it back on the dyno again this fall sometime too.