I put the Brute on the dyno today

The car has 33K miles on it, untouched stock ECM on Costco 92oct fuel. Only mods done are mufflers swapped out for Vibrant resonators and larger rear tires, 315/35s vs stock 275/40s. The car is rated at 485hp/475tq so these numbers at the wheel seem fairly accurate. I really like the power under the curve, that torque curve makes it fun to drive! I'll upload a video later on.

IMG_20200221_195002edit.jpg

Stock dyno at ERedit.jpg

• Like 5

The runs were from 1700rpm to 6000rpm. 6th gear at 6000rpm is over 160mph and I was hitting cat overtemp by then. Did I mention I love the exhaust sound? My friend Aaron was running the dyno and he asked me if I wanted earplugs or a headset. I said NO WAY! lol

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, carl20320 said:

Hey, why is this posted under Member "Trucks"???  IS that a truck?  :angry:

:P

Very nice, Shawn!

You know, I actually hesitated and thought about that before I posted. But it does say in the description its for member's trucks or other favorite vehicles! :lol:

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, livingez_123 said:

Lucas is an awesome tuner, you should've had him improve those numbers a bit.

Yes, Lucas is the man. Aaron O'Neil is outstanding also. This was just establishing a baseline. I've always done my own tuning though and will do the same with this car too. I enjoy it. 

• Like 1

I love your car Shawn!!!!!!!!!!!! You have got to be happy with those numbers! 

Not that numbers even matter. Its all about how big your smile is while your behind the wheel! :burnout:

• Like 1
10 hours ago, carl20320 said:

Hey, why is this posted under Member "Trucks"???  IS that a truck?  :angry:

:P

Very nice, Shawn!

And it has more POWER than most of our trucks.....:burnout:    I would lose my license very quickly with a car like that and my budget would not support the tires I would kill.  But it would be great fun...   Great car, enjoy and stay safe.

8 hours ago, HOSS said:

I love your car Shawn!!!!!!!!!!!! You have got to be happy with those numbers! 

Not that numbers even matter. Its all about how big your smile is while your behind the wheel! :burnout:

Absolutely! The smiles per gallon in this car is very high. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

I ordered a new helmet with 2020 cert and a pair of Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S drag radials today. I look forward to getting back on the track after all these years. It's been probably 15yrs since I've raced anything. I'll probably be nervous and stage with the back tires. :lol:

I cant wait to see your time slips!!!!!!! Have a great time!!!

Oh man, I can't wait to see what it does on the track either.

I was so nervous every time I staged. Even thinking about doing it raises my heart rate. LOL!

2 hours ago, Torque Monkey said:

Oh man, I can't wait to see what it does on the track either.

I was so nervous every time I staged. Even thinking about doing it raises my heart rate. LOL!

Season opener you two race rat rod versus hot rod

• Like 2

It will all depend on how good I can launch it. A good driver at sealevel can get them into high 11s all stock with drag radials. On street tires they're anywhere from low 12s to high 12s depending how much traction on the launch.

I figure I'm good for 13s. :right:

• 4 months later...

I've been letting the current events get me down and I needed something car related to keep me busy and get back on track. So I pulled the intake manifold off and I'm porting it to match the larger TB I installed a while ago.

IMG_20200724_104430070edit.jpg

IMG_20200724_105208819edit.jpg

• Like 1

Before.

IMG_20200613_074859edit.jpg

After. I still have to do some cleanup on it once I'm done with the runners too.

IMG_20200725_134802700edit.jpg

Awesome!

Cool beans Shawn. That’s a fun project. Things are coming down on me a bit these days and I don’t have time to get to the boat at the moment which sucks. So the shop is always a good relief from life, even if it’s just a short while.