BOMBER Board
HOSS

Holy high winds Batman!

That's good news! We had a dusting of snow here as well.

They are here working on the power now!

And we have power!

• Like 2

👍👍👍

I just got home from  Parker Az .. VERY STRONG WINDS all the way from about 40 miles north of Vegas and about blow ya off the road type from Tonopah north ( about 5 hard hours of wheel fighting ) .. chasing a trailer that long isn’t fun at all .. should have said F..it and parked but we wanted to get home if at all possible. 

Edited by GTroyer

Loosing power for just a couple days was a wake up call for me.
I can get by with the generator I have and if it were long term I could rig it to run my well pump so we could have water but it would be a stretch.
I have been planning on adding a above ground water storage tank and that will be happening soon! I figure 1500 gallons will work well for me. I will also be getting a PTO generator to run off the tractor. My reason for this is two fold.
1. Diesel, I have a 100 gallon tank for red fuel and not having to worry about care and maintenance of a generator engine is a plus since I already have 44hp of diesel engine on the tractor ready to go.
2. It's portable, the house and shop are on separate services and the 6500 watt gas generator I have will not run the shop so if I have both the shop and the house set up with transfer switches I can use the generator to run either at any given time.

This way if I ever have a situation like Mark Smith went though and I am out of power for more than 2 weeks I can do so relatively easily

• Like 1

Transfer switches are the best, I've had one connected to the house and gen set for years plug and play.

Keep in mind that water tank can still freeze.  

Keep in mind that water tank can still freeze.  
They are well insulated and in our climate it would be hard pressed to be cold enough to freeze. They have float switches and a aerator to keep water moving and not freeze.
  • Like 1