BOMBER Board
Sign in to follow this  
carl20320

Feeler for borrowing a car trailer this weekend?

Many of you probably remember the adventures of Ivan's Golf in Yellowstone NP last year.  Anyone want some buffalo burgers?  :shooter:  I wish!

Anyway, fast forward to now and I have found a identical car with all straight body panels and many other parts he would prefer for a really good price that is well under what the insurance company paid for repairs.  Car is S of Portland so looking for something between Longview and Vancouver I may be able to use on Sunday, 1/26 to bring it back up.  I think I have one lined up but would like to have a backup just in case.  It is only a golf so it doesn't need to be very big to fit the car on it.

I’ve found uhaul tow dolly to be very cost effective around $100 one way rent by car tow and return 

7 hours ago, yogi_160 said:

I’ve found uhaul tow dolly to be very cost effective around $100 one way rent by car tow and return 

Am definitely considering that as an option if my buddies doesn't pan out.

Carl, you are welcome to mine anytime... if it isn’t too far to travel.🤣

I like the uhaul tow Dolly's for short trips with front wheel drive cars, they are cheap. Don't get a one way price, to expensive that way, just pick it up local and return to the same place. The uhaul car trailers are real nice to tow longer distance. I can't justify owning a car trailer when uhauls are so cheap.

Edited by livingez_123

6 hours ago, livingez_123 said:

I like the uhaul tow Dolly's for short trips with front wheel drive cars, they are cheap. Don't get a one way price, to expensive that way, just pick it up local and return to the same place. The uhaul car trailers are real nice to tow longer distance. I can't justify owning a car trailer when uhauls are so cheap.

I’ve always used one way mine are generally long haul and I don’t like towing them empty. I’ve found you call customer service ask if there’s any incentive where you pickup and drop sometimes location has to many or to few they knock little off to move equipment.