2020 bomb party Aug 8th and 9th

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I am just going to say it................................................ We are officially cancelling this years party. Anyone who had still planned on coming up is welcome to I guess it we c

I am losing my memory of things and people.  But I scroll through my phone and hope that things will come to me. I do wish I could make it to the party,I am in so much need of anything that

I'm won't be able to make it. My first summer off. But both grandson's birthday that weekend. They are 2 and 9. A week and seven years apart. I can't miss out on cake. was really hoping to make it ov

Your efforts are appreciated ❤

Not really canceled, just postponed for 365 days.😁

• Like 1

I think that's a good call. 

You do a lot of work and it didn't sound like there would be any or just a few show up.

Thats a good decision Hoss...  

2020 is going to be the year everyone wants to forget.  My daughter is still planning on getting married somewhere up in Skagit Co. and I'm concerned about that.  

Tiss a good call Hoss unfortunately. 

But as I know you are always there for everyone, thank you.

I do hope that I am well enough by next year to attend the party.

I do need so much to do to my truck and not the ability to do any of it now.The wife wants to go camping when we get the chance and right now the truck has a leaky pinion and the output on the tranny.

So priority is that to get done,but I don't want to take it anywhere and I do not know of any diesel mechanics where I live.

Anyhow enough babbling. 

All the best to all.

Stay safe.

Thank you Hoss.👍

My son who was stationed at Fairbanks and is moving to Spokane, he just got to my house last night. Drove through Canada, didn't have much choice as they cancelled the ferry service. He said they ran him through the ringer for 4 hours at the CA border before letting him go. Rightfully so I might add. He didn't mind at all. They told him he had checkpoints to hit and could ONLY use services on the main road, period. If a gas station or restaurant is 1/2 km off the road he will be arrested for using it. They used the word arrested a lot. I guess lots of Americans going north have said they were driving to Alaska then went sightseeing in the mountains etc. 

Anyway, he basically drove straight through and slept in the car. I'm sure his new base at Spokane will make him quarantine for 2 weeks when he gets there also. Leaving personal feelings whether or not all this is warranted, it sure isn't the best time to try and travel. 

Oh, my sister who lives in Wyoming drove through Yellowstone the other day. I guess Jackson Hole, Yellowstone and Cody are overrun with tourists, something like 30% more than this time last year! It's a made house. She said she was the only Wyoming license plate she saw too. All out of staters. I guess people are sick and tired of being prisoners in their own home. 

6 hours ago, SMOKN05 said:

Oh, my sister who lives in Wyoming drove through Yellowstone the other day. I guess Jackson Hole, Yellowstone and Cody are overrun with tourists, something like 30% more than this time last year! It's a made house. She said she was the only Wyoming license plate she saw too. All out of staters. I guess people are sick and tired of being prisoners in their own home. 

That’s good to know here I was thinking Yellowstone would be a ghost town without having all the foreign tourists I was thinking of going 

1 hour ago, yogi_160 said:

That’s good to know here I was thinking Yellowstone would be a ghost town without having all the foreign tourists I was thinking of going 

Ahhh,  we're going... leaving Saturday.  Making a pass through to flip the bird at a certain bull bison (and a particular ranger, if we happen to see him) on our way to Florida.  Ivan's school is having on campus classes and he has to be there for ROTC on the 14th.

Literally, we are only cutting through the very N part, mainly to drive Beartooth Pass during the say when we can actually see it.

Hate to see the party cancelled as we were going to try to swing by before heading across the Cascades.  Next year.

Edited by carl20320
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hoss you did the right thing here ... good call

were in route home now from 3 weeks camping at Mile n Sallie’s river lot .. just the 4 of us there with Wes on weekend .. had to get out for some outdoor rec. ... and what better place to be than their place 😁

Back  to hot hot Reno summer 🥴

• Like 1