BOMBER Board
HOSS

2020 bomb party Aug 8th and 9th

The date for this year's party will be a week earlier than usual.

We have a few guys who can never come on the third weekend of the month so I am going to bump it back a weekend this year.

Same gig as usual just a week earlier.

• Like 2

Added it to the calendar!  Hopefully I can make it up there this year, it should be before we go fishing for a week. 

I'm putting this on my calendar as well. This is a long ways out with 3 kids and 10 horses here, but I hope I can make it.

Let’s seeeee oh ya I’m retired , ok ok we’ll plan on it , probably be coming from Mike’ n Sallies place 

going to national parks in Utah sometime after that ( waiting for school to start and cooler weather but before snow flys ) for a few weeks 

On 1/22/2020 at 7:44 AM, GTroyer said:

Let’s seeeee oh ya I’m retired , ok ok we’ll plan on it , probably be coming from Mike’ n Sallies place 

going to national parks in Utah sometime after that ( waiting for school to start and cooler weather but before snow flys ) for a few weeks 

That’s some beautiful country down there.  We are headed that way at the end of March. 

Joe, be prepared for snow that early .. much of the higher ground /elevations will still have snow 

we plan on a “end of heat season” but before snow fly’s trip . I don’t pull a trailer in snow if I can at all help it. 

4 hours ago, GTroyer said:

Joe, be prepared for snow that early .. much of the higher ground /elevations will still have snow 

we plan on a “end of heat season” but before snow fly’s trip . I don’t pull a trailer in snow if I can at all help it. 

Yeah we are a little concerned of that but trying to not pull the kids from too much school.  

hoping Moab/Arches is clear.  We can modify the trip as we go.  

1 hour ago, jcasper said:

Yeah we are a little concerned of that but trying to not pull the kids from too much school.  

hoping Moab/Arches is clear.  We can modify the trip as we go.  

We might do the same this year, maybe Mesa Verdi also.

We go as soon as school is out. Seems to be a little cooler then. Last year it was TOO cool.

We can’t wait that long. June is too busy for us. May would be great but it doesn’t fit our schedule. 

Just an FYI

One of the snowbird people down here every year is a host every year at Arches during summer .. she said not to go that early do to snow UNLESS ITS A LOW SNOW YEAR ..  so check before you go 

not trying to alter your plans Joe just a heads up. 

Thanks for that.  I’ve done some

looking and it hasn’t sounded too bad.  I’ll do a little more research.  Maybe we will go somewhere else instead. 

We usually go late March or early April but in April you need to avoid spring break.......We would sometimes see new snow at Grand Canyon and Carlsbad Caverns but other than some freezing nights the rest was great.

Thank You for the Change in weeks!   Even if I'm designated at work, I'll be up after.

I know a lot of people had stuff going on that weekend and I always figured no matter what weekend it is somebody will have something happening so they can't come.
I figure this way at least guys who can't normally make it might be able to.

• Like 1

I hope i can come. Not sure yet. My neices birthday is that month.

It been years since I been able to see everyone,  I will mark my calendar and hope it works out. 

August 9th is my wife Birthday, so maybe we can visit my son on Sunday in Renton??  in the morning before his afternoon shift; 

Is the date looking good still Hoss ? 

As far as I am concerned it's still a go. I feel pretty confident that all this stay at home crap will be over by then so I ain't scared.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, HOSS said:

As far as I am concerned it's still a go. I feel pretty confident that all this stay at home crap will be over by then so I ain't scared.

I’m there pending my Texas trip which doesn’t have set dates yet.  

August, yeah that's probably right about when the second wave will be in full swing. :lol:

I still ain't scared.