BOMBER Board

It EPA no longer accepting off-road after market parts that are not CARB certified.

42 enforcement against after market emission deleting or altering  manufacturers last year.  Not sure where injectors fall??

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2020/01/14/epa-launches-crackdown-on-emissions-defeat-device-makers/?refer=news&utm_source=edaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-01-14

https://imsmoke-970x647.jpg

Edited by Packards42
  • Sad 1

Large reason I’m not in the industry any more. 

But who is getting the patent rights to "Sinaster's Blue"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The big reason why I havent deleted my 17. I have worries on washington doing a crackdown to make everyone compliant who is deleted.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Spokane just quit the tests due largely to the cost. I'm hoping that it is not going to get more strict, but that we are near the apex and it will settle down. 

Spokane just quit the tests due largely to the cost. I'm hoping that it is not going to get more strict, but that we are near the apex and it will settle down. 
I should have stated my concern isnt the testing that was previously being conducted. I'm in a exempt zone where I wouldnt be subject to testing.

My concern is if there will be power given to wsp or local municipalities to enforce violations and fix it tickets ect.

But with alot of things I'm more of the glass half empty type. Maybe itll just become the past as far as emissions testing period.

Most likely the strategy is to just target the manufacturers of the aftermarket parts, let the existing stuff that's out there (and [de]installed) fade away.  Testing, as has been shown, isn't cost-effective.  If they're looking to kill diesels, non-commercial, I'm thinking that they'll do it via cranking up pump prices.  But, the number of light-duty diesel trucks is fairly insignificant in the entire scheme of things.  Best bang for the buck is to target commercial trucking on emissions compliance: do so as part of regular inspections?  Commercial burns a lot more diesel.

My ALH TDI VWs are modified, though I have not removed any emissions gear.  At 51mpg ave on my car there's plenty of room on fuel price increases before it becomes cost-ineffective.  No idea on how my truck measures up vis a vis emssions (over stock), but I figure that being pre-emissions it's moot.

I've been to Manila and experienced what it's like to have TONS of old diesels with no emissions equipment whatsoever running around.  It's really nasty: you have to hold a cloth over your nose & mouth!

Edited by DieselBound

I can definitely see a possible crackdown on "rolling coal" and tickets being issued to owners of deleted trucks with orders to make said truck return to street legal emissions.

Like loud exhaust on Harleys people complain and the powers that be get tired of hearing it.

Its definitely a flavor of the month kind of thing I remember here in Washington when mud flaps and bumper height where the thing to worry about.

I was pulled over constantly in my 82 Toyota with 40" swampers on it  to have my bumpers measured. 

I cant help but think when are they going to go after the guys with their tires sticking out 10 inches outside the fenders of their trucks?

• Like 1

We have laws up here for the oversized tires. Its enforced. 
The manufacturers of delete pipes in the USA that one of our wholesalers used, stopped making the delete pipes.

I'm waiting for the report to come out that urea is worse for the environment. Following that would be 50 percent off all delete kits... I know one can dream

2 hours ago, srt6 said:

I'm waiting for the report to come out that urea is worse for the environment. Following that would be 50 percent off all delete kits... I know one can dream

That won’t happen they would admit they was wrong until all the lakes are poisonous with toxic algae blooms from def. I’m lost at how more miles per gallon equate to tons of pollution