BOMBER Board
carl20320

Daytona Beach Turkey Run 2019

Spending the day at Daytona International Raceway.

Ben, we saw this for you. b319f73974f1781c076be2ea1a996d5b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Where is the jaw-dropping emoticon? WOW! That's friggin awesome! :ThumbsUP:Gonna have to share that one with my Dad. I bet it sounded awesome too!

Twin superbirds68c6e4afde5786e32fab3d6f0ef241be.jpg

• Like 1

Cummins powered adf1e5e9d31a54a6021963986290a16d.jpg

• Like 1

Cummins 4bt with twins46694c446ce9a20b18c9aa5ed956d459.jpg

• Like 1

Saw a bunch of nice old cars.  don't know how many cars were there but I would hazard a guess at well over 5000.  No classic hemis though :down:  3 340 barracudas, not counting the one sitting IN the lobby of the airport.  Bunch of rods.  Then Saturday night after dinner, we drove down the A1A from where we were staying (kind of main drag 1 block off the beach).  Lots of the cars out cruising.  There was one particular spot where they had sandbagged the edge of the road and poured a bunch of water.  They kept splashing it out onto the road to enable some pretty good burnouts.  Police were pretty cool about it as long as they didn't get stupid.

I had Leslie and Ivan bent over double in their seats at one point.  we were driving a base model Ford Fiesta.  Pulled up next to a early 70's Vette with a 6-71 blower sticking out the hood.  I yelled over let's go on green.  He didn't even acknowledge me.  Next we were driving along and I yelled, I can take ya, 30 and punch it.  He proceeded to do blip the throttle at the wet road burnout spot.  I turned off.  THAT was a fine sounding car.

I saw more blowers on vehicles being driven on Saturday than I have seen combined in my 58 years.  A few pretty hot running mustangs as well.

Sunday night, drove the Christmas light display at Daytona International Raceway.  Good time with the constant sound of some pretty hot cars driving on International Spreedway Drive in front of the track.

Edited by carl20320
  • Like 1